ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

The new person you had met was certainly bouncy. He would forget things from time to time, some thing you wouldn't even understand.

"What AU are we in?"

"What Dark Lord?"

"Who are they?"

Everytime he had forgot something, you or Dream had to put hours on end just for him to get an grasp of what was happening. Some of the questions you couldn't answer, (for obvious reasons) but you tried your best.

You, Dream, and Ink had set out on your journey through the desert, riding little towns here and there. One of the towns you had found was a quaint little thing called Neskidor.

It was a lively little thing, people twirling and dancing to traditions and music. Somebody had greeted you in their native language and dances.

"Shallaran~" She courses through the sand, gliding gracefully.

You and your teams trudged through the sand, slowly loosing energy. A peculiar sign had caught your eye. 'Boots made for walking through the sand!'

Ink was fairly excited too. He had almost ran off on y'all, if it wasn't for Dream holding back the hem of his shirt.

"Ink, we've got barely enough money as it is, we can't just go running around all willy-nilly." He lightly scolded.

"But those do sound nice, I'm tired of just sinking in the sand all the time,"

"But still we need to-"

It seemed he was having another mindless self indulgence. It really confused you. You'd walk into a room, only seeing Dream muttering to himself. He spoke about odd things, too. Exactly like his partner.

"I have no memory of before this. Was it Nightmares fault? He is the Dark Lord here. Did he get rid of Swap too? But he was there when we first was here,"

You'd leave the room often when he started these things. When Ink forgets things and Dream does his muttering at the same time, you'd leave the inn, go explore then come back in about an hour.

You'd find monsters, beat them up, and then take their faces. It was a nice way to pass the time.

Back to the present, you say infront of the store, counting your money. You had just about enough to buy two pairs. That wasn't enough for you to have some, but our might as well do it out of the kindness of your golden heart.

You walked in the store. It was a humble thing, the perfect set for this town. You dump your coins and rubies on the counter and ask politely for two sand boots.

They duck under the counter and slam two sand boots on the counter, then taking your money. You hold them, walking to the door and kicking it down.

Everybody in the town had stared at you, including your party members. You walk down the stairs, then throwing the boots in their faces. The groan before taking in the thought you had bought them the stuff they needed.

"[Name], you really did have to-"

"Yeah, you didn't." Ink deadpanned. He rubbed his nose aggressively, ridding of the red mark. Dream elbowed him in the ribs, making his vocal cords shriek.

He then rubbed his ribs, moaning in pain. He had said his thanks and plopped to the floor to put on the boots.

Dream did the same, only walking to the stairs and sitting down. You smile and began to look in your pouch for anything to satisfy your boredom.

You pull out a few vials, each different from the other. One was an inky black, specks of stars and glitter shining and twinkling in the sunlight. One reminded you of Fell. It was a blood red, swirls of black incubating in it. Dots of white where in it. It didn't seem apart of the potion, it looked like a chip of a tooth.

Another looked like Sans, and Lust. They all reminded you of your teammates, old and new.

A sudden voice knocked you out of your registrations of your thoughts.

"Hey, is that you Dream?" You whipped around only to see someone waving their arm at your group. You cocked an eyebrow as he ran closer to you.

He engulfed you into a hug, laughing and twirling you around. "Dream, you look different! But you still look awesome, no doubt about that!"

He pulled you out of the hug, holding you by the shoulders. He smiled goofily at you, showing his pride.

Dream, awfully confused, coughed behind you. "Swap?"

He gently shoved you aside to look at the person infront of you. They stared at each other for a solid minute before the strangers face busted out in a bright flush.

"Wait, Dream?" His smile was gone and was replaced with a nervous one.

Dream nodded, making the strangers state worse. He whipped your head around to you and almost starting bawling.

"I'm so sorry, Ms/Mr/Mx!" He clutched his chest, "I really am!"

You chuckled a bit and said it was fine. You didn't mind a bear hug every once and awhile.

He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled. He turned back to Dream and began to conversate, leaving you and Ink out of it.

Ink walked up to your side, pursing his lips and furrowing his eyebrows.

"Whose that?"

"Goddamnit, Ink."

Aiiee! You've finally met all of the Star Sanses! Or humans in this case-

I hope you enjoyed reading! Have a good day/night!

More art! This was from the chapter where you first met Dream! You can tell I got lazy drawing [Name]