Prolauge

Nico di Angelo knocked on the cabin door softly. "Shelby?" He called with a small smile on his face. The daughter of Nyx hadn't been at breakfast that day so he had decided to go and check on her. When there was no answer he frowned and knocked on the obsidian door once more. "Shelby?" he asked with a little more force.

Silence answered the boy.

He sighed and took the key she had given him off from around his neck and slid it into the key hole. "This isn't funny..." He muttered as he pushed the door open. He walked in expecting to see her sprawled out on the bed with her blonde hair spread out around her head and a book resting on her chest while she slept soundly, but instead he was welcomed with an empty room. The bed was made and everything was neat but it was lacking a certain child of Nyx that he knew so well. "Shelby?" he asked warily looking towards the bathroom that was attached to the cabin. He walked over drawing his Stygian Iron sword cautiously. "This isn't funny." He pushed the bathroom door open and entered spinning around to observe the room. It looked like nobody had used it recently. He began to grow worried at her absence. He turned around and ran out of the cabin towards the dining pavilion. His head swept the path frantically trying to look for fresh foot prints other than his own that could have suggested where she had gone. He sped on the path frantically looking for unordinary tracks but finding nothing. He was pulled to a sudden stop as he crashed into a familiar green eyed boy.

Percy stumbled slightly but caught Nico with a small laugh. laughed and held me up. "Woah, slow down there buddy. What's the rush?" he asked happily. He noticed the panicked expression on the younger boy's face and frowned. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Nico couldn't steady his breathing as he whispered, "It's Shelby..."

Percy's eyes darkened. "What happened? Is she alright?" He looked in the direction of her cabin.

Nico shook his head frantically. "She's gone..."

***
EDITED