Epilogue

Ten years later...

"Hey, Neeks, did you get the cheese like I asked you?" I called from the kitchen as Nico entered the front door.

"Yes, I didn't forget this time." He entered the kitchen carrying grocery bags and set them down on the island. "I'll be honest, you and your cravings have me running to the store almost every other day.

I breached into one of the bags and plucked out the Brie cheese. "Hey, don't blame me, blame him," I said pointing at my swollen stomach.

"Is little Jasper giving you problems?" He asked with a grin.

"I never agreed to that name," I said taking a small bite, "but yes he is. He's been kicking like crazy lately i think he's eager to meet his daddy."

"More like he wants to meet his mommy," Nico said kissing me on the forehead and resting his hand over the baby growing inside of me.

I breathed a laugh followed by a wince as the breath was sucked right out of me. My lungs emptied and I found myself gasping for air. i doubled over coughing.

Nico's brows knitted with worry as he placed a hand on my back. "Another piece gone..."

When I regained my composure, I nodded. "How am I looking?"

He took a step back and ran his eyes over my body. "Your life is growing fainter, but you still have a lot of time."

I smiled weakly. "Good. I don't want to leave right after our son is born."

"You won't. I won't let you," he said pulling me into a tight hug.

I wrapped my arms around his torso. "I love you."

He held me closer. "I love you too..."