Chapter 1

Standing with your hands in your pockets, you frowned as you looked at Alaric.

"You can't be serious." You scoffed.

"I'm sorry, but we need their help. And we can't keep them in the same place, and you and Bonnie are the only ones who live alone."

"Well can't I have Elijah then?" You asked.

"Ouch." Klaus smirked.

You glared at him and he smirked a little more at you.

"Sorry, but we can't know that he won't hurt her." Jeremy sighed.

"I'd like to see him try." Bonnie growled lowly.

You guys debated it for a little longer before finally you had no choice but to accept the fact that Klaus would be living with you.

If you moved in with Stefan and Damon you knew they would just move Klaus into the boarding house, so no matter what you weren't escaping him.

Grabbing your keys, you stormed out of the house and climbed into your car and klaus was already there, lazily smirking at you.

"Take me home then love."

"It's MY home, not yours."

Driving to the edge of the town, you pulled into the driveway and entered leaving him at the open door.

"You know you have to invite me in."

"A few rules you have to agree to first. No one aside from you is to be invited in, not even your brother. You are NOT to touch anything and you are NOT to go into my room."

"Now that's no fun."

"Fine sleep out there for all I care."

You walked away and Klaus stayed out there for nearly an hour until you heard him growl, slamming his hands on the doorframe.

You didn't even flinch, you simply glanced up from your book.

"Fine, I'll play by your rules."

You regarded him for a moment.

"You can come in."

He was immediately in and looking around the place which didn't surprise you.

He was going to be looking for something he could hold against you and you knew that, you weren't stupid.

"Not the home I expected from someone like you."

"What did you think it would look like Klaus?"

"Dark, gloomy. It's shockingly bright."

You scoffed and set your book aside to stand up.

Turning around, you walked over to where he was stood at the bottom of the stairs looking at the photo of you and a few others.

"Yeah. Well I haven't had chance to redecorate it."

Klaus looked at you and you went up the stairs, gesturing for him to follow so he did and you pointed to the guest bedroom.

"Your room."

Walking to the middle of the hallways you showed him the bathroom.

"Yours."

Then you walked a bit further and pointed to another door.

"Mine. Stay out."

"Not even a peak love?" He smirked.

"I have white ash hidden nearby, I will take it a stake you Klaus, no second thought."

You stood in front of the door, arms crossed over your chest as you stared him down with an emotionless face.

"Do not mistake me for the others, they may want your help. I, do not. I won't even think twice about killing you."

Klaus pinned you to the door, hand around your throat as he snarled at you.

"And what makes you think I can't kill you?" He sneered.

"Simple, because of this."

Punching him in the stomach, he doubled over with a small gasp and you kicked him to the floor.

Walking over, you set your foot on his throat.

"I am not to be messed with Mikaelson, make no mistake. I may look weak and frail, but I will have your head mounted on my fireplace within seconds if I have too."

Removing your foot, you left and entered your room and locked the door behind you as you looked around.

Walking to the far corner, you grabbed a book you stashed under the floorboard and took it to your desk as you sat down.

It was account of everything that had been happening recently.

Yes, you were helping the others, but you had a gut feeling about this one and you needed to figure it out before they did