Chapter 3

You were in there for hours paining again, eyes closed as you let your hands guide you like they always did.

The whole world had faded from existence, it was just you and the images from your dreams, the flash and the smell of ash and blood.

You needed to know more, but you couldn't move, you could only see what was around you so you had to look carefully in order to capture it all.

When you finally finished you opened your eyes and set the paints aside, staring at the image in front of you.

It was the exact same and you sighed, nothing new.

Standing up, you went to walk away when you saw it, something just in the corner.

A pair of blood red eyes looking right back at you with a huge white grin.

It wasn't a vampire, it had dark smoke around its body.

Stepping closer, you titled your head a little.

You had a feeling you'd seen this before.

Quickly unlocking the room and leaving, you made sure it was shocked before you quickly rushed to the stairs.

"And she emerges." Klaus called.

You ignored him and ran up the stairs into the storage cupboard next to his room you started to pull things out until you found the box you were looking for.

Grabbing it, you hauled it out and chucked everything back in.

"Cat got your tongue love?"

You didn't reply to him.

"I was forced to bring this here to give to you."

He handed you a letter and you took it, tossing it behind you.

"What are you doing?"

"Klaus shut up!" You yelled.

You started tipping things on the floor, photo books and reports and family pictures before you found what you were looking for.

Grabbing it, you started to flick through its pages as you stood up.

It was the middle of the book your were looking for.

You examined it's page.

"Rather well painted, I must admit."

"It's not the painting you idiot. It's something else."

"Well, care to share?"

You carried on looking at the page before you made your way down the stairs and you headed to your computer and called Bonnie.

"(Y/N), did you get the note?"

"Not read it. Where are you?"

"The boarding house, why?"

"Is everyone there?"

"Yeah, hold on."

She called everyone over and propped her computer up before nodding for you to continue.

You held you the page, pointing to the red eyes in the far corner, just at the edge of the parking lot.

"What is that?" Alaric asked.

"(Y/N) isn't that...?" Caroline trialed off.

"Yeah it is. But listen you, Elena and Bonnie were there when this was made. Three weeks before it happened."

The trio nodded their heads.

"What are you one about?" Stefan asked.

"(Y/N) has dreams, and they ALWAYS, tell what'll happen in the future. It's why she knew about you and Damon, it's why she knew about Elijah and about klaus and what he was planning. She saw it."

"A prophet?" Elijah asked.

"Kind of." Elena nodded.

"Look, wait here a second okay?"

You quickly got up and went to grab the painting and bringing it out.

It was still went, and your fingers smudged the paint a little but you made sure to keep that one spot clear.

Sitting back down, you showed it to the camera.

"Notice anything?" You asked.

"The eyes." Jeremy said.

"Mystic falls." Alaric mumbled.

You set the painting to the side and took a deep breath, looking at them all.

"Guys... I think he and person from that night will destroy the town..."

There was a tense silence.

Yes, you had to do this alone, you had way more information about what it really was, but you couldn't drag them into this mess.

You just had to warn them so if something went wrong with you stopping it, they could at least try as well