Chapter 2

The whole night you stayed up, and you could hear Klaus still wondering mumbling to himself about something you couldn't quite hear.

Sighing, you set the book aside and finally got up, feeling a bit hungry.

Leaving your room, you made your way downstairs and started to look through your cupboards.

"Finally!" Klaus groaned, "I am bored. Have you nothing to do in here?"

Flicking your gaze to him you went back to what you were doing.

"Play a game or something I don't know."

"Why are some of your doors locked?"

"Because I locked them idiot. Don't even try barging in them, vervain and white ash cover the door handles."

"How do you have so much white ash?"

"Family."

You realised you had nothing in and grabbed some of the takeaway menus you had and walked into the living room and sat in the table.

Tossing the ones you didn't want on the couch, you found your favourite and rang to place and order.

Klaus said nothing, simply just watched you until you hung up.

"A little late for food."

"Do you ever shut up?"

"Nope." He smirked.

Groaning, you walked to the corner of the room and sat on the gaming chair and grabbed the controller, turning everything on.

Klaus carried on his aimless wondering while you started to play a game.

Your food didn't take long to come and you dragged the table over, setting one box next to you, you left the other in the middle of the table.

Eventually Klaus came back and sat on the couch, flicking through a book he found somewhere.

"I said don't touch anything."

"Well I can't just sit here bored." He snapped.

"Then go out I don't give a shit what you do really."

You paused your game and looked over to see what book he was reading.

It was an old book on mythology that you had laying around and you shrugged slightly.

"These books always get us wrong." He sighed.

"It's based on stories around the world, it's not going to be accurate."

"Well it's quite frankly insulting, I do not have grey skin or look like a walking skeleton or wear a cape!"

"You probably did at one point, so what."

Klaus grumble and carried on reading while you played your game until you finally fell asleep.

You were a light sleeper, so when you heard him creeping closer you opened your eyes slightly to watch him.

He looked at you, then your screen with confusion written on his face.

"I will end you." You whispered.

"Well, that isn't very polite."

"Neither is standing over someone while they are sleeping, yet here we are. Go away."

Klaus stayed where he was.

"Fucking child..." you grumbled.

Getting up, you barged past him and into your room in hopes of finally getting some decent sleep.

Morning came and went, and when you finally stirred awake, you sat up and looked around.

It was nearly evening time and you shrugged, making your way down the stairs.

Klaus wasn't in and you were thankful for that.

And that's how it went for weeks, you wouldn't see him during the days, he'd annoying at night until you finally went into your room.

You never attended any of the meetings the others had, you simply just let them text you what they needed and Klaus spent his days with them from what you could guess, and as long as he kept it that way you were fine with it.

Grabbing your keys, you walked down the stairs and up to one of the doors, unlocking it as you slipped in and locked it behind you before turning the light on.

Pictures hung everywhere, and you walked over to them with a small frown on your face.

The same scene plagued your dreams, and you painted it every time, hoping to capture something.

But all you could pain was mystic falls in flames, and a river of blood running down the streets.

It seemed fake almost, except your dreams were never wrong