Chapter 5

Another few days slipped by, and as you were going through your post you noticed a letter addressed to you in messy handwriting.

Setting everything aside, you flipped it between your fingers before slowly opening it.

Taking then paper out, you looked at the red writing. It was scrawled in blood.

'All you have to do is come home... then all of this will stop...'

Scoffing, you carried on reading through the letter.

It was telling you all you had to do was go home and it would end everything, end the attack on mystic falls and that it would be waiting for your response at the same parking lot where it killed your family.

Scrunching up the paper into a ball, you chucked it into the bin and headed upstairs to get everything ready.

You hid weapons under your jacket, and waited until nightfall came around before heading out to your car.

"Going in a trip love?"

"Stay here."

"I can't do that. I've been told I have to go everywhere with you."

"Don't act like the good guy now Klaus, I know you don't really give a shit. So, stay here."

"It's either I let you die and they kill my brother, or I come with you and he lives. I believe we both know which one I'm going to choose."

You cursed quietly, of course they'd threaten him.

It's why he's been so complaint, it's why he hasn't hurt you tried to kill you they. Because they would kill his brother and they were probably blackmailing Elijah in a similar way.

You needed to go to that meeting, but you didn't want Klaus to go with you. You didn't have time for him to run and tell the others what you were doing.

Running a hand down your face, you punched the bridge of your nose as you nodded.

"Fine. Okay."

You would figure out something on the way there, and you decided to walk in order to buy you some time.

Running through ideas in your head, you stopped when you arrived around the corner.

"Klaus, I need you to stay here."

"No."

Turning around, you sighed and let the wood slip down your wrist.

Without a word you plunged it into his chest.

"I'm not being responding for anything going wrong."

Klaus slumped to the floor and you made sure to lay him on his back, keeping your hands over the stake so he couldn't take it out himself.

"You... bitch..." he growled.

When you were sure he wasn't going to be waking up anytime soon, you got up and walked the rest of the way, making your way into the middle of the car park.

"Killing your own friends? You truly are his daughter." The voice mocked.

"That man is not my friend, and I am not your bosses daughter either." You snarled.

The man stepped out of the shadows, a smirk on his lips as his red eyes stared directly into yours.

"Come now, you've been given a gift!" He yelled, "you can make the whole world kneel before you and rule along side your father!"

"This world is MINE, that asshole can stay in his."

"He will get out, he will become free and mystic falls is the key to that. A beacon of supernatural activity, what better place to open the gates Hm?"

"I won't allow it."

"Oh, but you will. You don't have a choice, and it's only a matter of time before the eclipse."

You unzipped your jacket and grabbed a knife you had stashed in your belt.

Twirling it between your fingers you sneered at him.

"You already killed my family, I refuse to let you take my town."

"They were imposters!"

"They raised me!"

"They stole you! If you care that much about you then I'll send you to see them!"

With that, the demon charged at you and you charged towards him, letting out a cry as you jumped straight into the fight without a second thought