Chapter 6

You were tossed back and you rolled across the parking lot, but just as fast as you were knocked down you were back on your feet.

Snarling lowly, you crouched and as the demon in front of you pounced on you once more, you thrust the knife in your hand into his chest.

Quickly jumped back, you watched as he covered the wound with his hand, blood trickling through his fingers as he glared at you.

"What'll you do?! Hide forever?!" He yelled.

"I will protect my town and kill anyone I have to in order to do so."

Walking over, you stared at him, stabbing the knife back into him again.

He clawed at your face, the tip of one of his talons grazing your neck but you never moved.

"You are nothing but a low level demon, you are no match for me..." you whispered.

Pulling your knife back out, you watched his body slowly turn to ash.

Wiping the blood on your jacket, you waited until he fully disintegrated before walking away, head held high.

You were in a bit of pain, but it was manageable.

Making your way to where you left the hybrid, you leant down and pulled the stake from his chest and tossed it aside.

You wanted to just leave him there, but you couldn't be bothered with the grief you would have gotten from everyone else because of it.

You didn't bother to wait, you knew he'd turn up at your house eventually so you walked home.

Heading to the kitchen, you grabbed the first aid box and the small mirror you had in the draw and sat on the couch.

Within second the door was thrown open and Klaus was stood right in front of you.

"You staked me?" He snapped.

"Get over it."

Grabbing some antiseptic wipes you started to slowly clean the cut on your cheek.

"When this is all over I'm going to rip your heart out." He growled.

"Okay."

You didn't bother to look at the angry original. You were too focused on the cut on your neck, small black lines surrounded it.

Sighing to yourself, you slowly wiped the blood around it.

Grabbing the gauze, you covered the wound and taped it in place before putting everything away.

Without another word you went upstairs and went straight to bed.

You never came out until the following night.

Making your way down the stairs you found Alaric, Elena, Bonnie, and Jeremy sat on your couch while Stefan, Damon, Caroline and Elijah were on FaceTime on the laptop.

"Finally." Klaus mumbled.

"Why are you here?"

"Because you know something." Jeremy said.

"What?"

"Klaus told us everything, you're holding information from us. We need to know (Y/N)." Alaric sighed.

You blinked and shook your head as you gave them a small shrug.

"Then you won't mind if Bonnie went through your memories?" Damon asked.

You turned to the witch and gave her a warning look.

"Don't you even dare try get into my head." You warned her.

"We don't have a choice! Whatever you're holding back could be the key to stopping all of this!" Caroline yelled.

You shook your head.

"You know I would never lie to you. But I'm not putting you in harms way either. My investigation has nothing to do with this."

"Then why did you stake Klaus?" Elijah asked.

"Because it was a matter of personal business and he wouldn't leave me alone."

"You're lying! You're part of this!" Jeremy yelled.

That hurt you had to admit.

Of course they wouldn't trust you, you weren't telling them everything but it was a world you wanted to keep everyone away from.

Sighing, you looked to the floor before looking back up.

"Do you all believe that I'm part of what's happening?" You asked softly.

Everyone stayed quiet and you nodded your head.

"Get out..."

"(Y/N)..." Bonnie whispered.

"Get out, now. If you don't want to believe me then fine, but I'm doing this for your own good. So, get out. All of you."

You turned to Klaus.

"You had NO right going behind my back. And you all have no right to believe him over me. So get out, and do not bother coming back here. I'm done, you find a way to protect the town on your own."

They all quickly left and you locked the door behind them all.

Heading to the couch, you closed the laptop and held it in your hand for a second before screaming and throwing it across the room.

Why did it all have to be so hard?

Why did this have to happen?