Chapter 4

Closing your laptop, you looked at the two paintings and watched Klaus pick the first one up as he inspected it.

"You made this?" He asked.

"Yes. A while ago."

He flicked through the book while you got up and went to put the other one back and clean the mess you had made upstairs.

Klaus stopped when he came across another one, it was violent.

Fire and ash covered the page and there was bodies strewn on the floor with blood all around them. In front of them was a small girl sat on her knees.

He just stared at it and looked up when he heard you come back into the room.

Walking over, you held your hand out to him.

"What is this one?"

Taking it, you looked at it before closing the book.

"My family."

You wondered away and he trailed after you.

"My parents and older brother had gone to watch a game at the school, I wasn't feeling very well so I stayed home. I don't remember waking up but when I did that was in front of me. We already knew at this point what my dreams were, so I go there as fast as I could and I saw that."

You set the book back where it belonged and closed the door as you leant across it.

"It wasn't a vampire or a werewolf that killed my family. It was something else."

"Such as?"

You gave a small shrug as you sighed and stood up, pulling your sleeve up you revealed a large scar going down your forearm to the hybrid.

"It was still there, and gave me this lovely gift. The police marked it down as just a murder and before whoever it was could get to me they ran."

You pulled your sleeve back down.

"You don't believe that."

"No. I know whatever it is is coming back."

You made your way back down the stairs and into the back garden that overlooked a small pond.

On the other side you could see the headstones of your family say under their favourite tree.

Klaus stood next to you, looking at it as well.

"Why do you think it's the same thing?"

"Why do you care Klaus? Don't you have a world domination or something to plan?"

"Well, mystic falls is my home as well, I would much prefer to keep it as it is, not burnt to the ground."

Scoffing slightly, you shook your head and turned around to face him.

"Well then, go help the others. I don't need or want your help."

You went to walk away and Klaus grabbed your wrist.

Turning to him, you gave him a warning look but he never let go.

"You know more."

"Do NOT, utter a single word to them." You warned.

"Or what?"

"I will kill you klaus..." you growled.

Snatching your arm back, you stormed inside and straight up to your room.

Sitting on the bed, you stared at the wall opposite you.

It won't be long now until it made another move, it was like a back and forth game of chess between the pair of you, and you had played you move already.

Now it was its turn.