➙Too much - Gareth (Request!)

The one thing Gareth hated was leaving you at a party, without him. But he agreed to having you go with your best friend, and he had to endure it. Pacing back and forth through his room, he was anxious. He knew all to well that you were independent, and that you could defend yourself if needed. But another thing he knew was that he was protective, which he sometimes wished to appear a little less that it did now. It was not his fault, it was just the way he was and he was glad you accepted it. Maybe you were fine? His thoughts were interrupted by his telephone ringing. He lifted it up and heard your best friends voice, she sounded slightly odd.

"Hey Gar', I was juss' wonderin' if ya could pick up Y/N? I still have t'do something...", she said dragging her words, and all Gareth heard was a beep as she hung up.

He was glad. That he could finally make sure you were okay. So he quickly threw on his jacket since it was 1 am and it wasn't necessarily warm and jogged out of his house in a quick pace. He hurried to get to the house where the party was hosted, luckily it wasn't that far away. What condition were you going to be in when he arrived? He quickly got rid of that thought, you were smart enough not to consume too much alcohol.

When he arrived, the door to the house was already wide open. There were colourful party lights coming out of the hall, and loud music was playing.

Gareth sighed before stepping in, making his way through the drunk teens, trying to find you as quick as possible. That was until someone bumped into him so hard that he stumbled and fell.

"Oh, sup Gareth.", he heard a female voice say, and he regcognized your best friend as he looked up. She had to be drunk, but she also looked like she hadn't slept in years.

"Hi. Do you happen to know where Y/N is?", he asked, as he took the hand she held out to him to be pulled up by her.

"Y/N? Right there.", she said, pointing a a couch standing nearby. As he looked more closely, he saw your body, and he quickly thanked your friend before he made his way over to you. You were sitting on the couch, talking to another girl that seemed to be a bit older than you.

"He's like, really really really really cute and I'm so lucky t'be with him, 's perfect.", you said as you made wild gestures with your arms, and Gareth got a bit closer to you. Just then you turned your head and your face lit up as you recognised him.

"There! That's Gar'", you beamed as the girl turned her head. He was now in front of you and sat down right next to you. You took him by surprise as you climbed onto his lap clumsily, draping your arms around his waist lazily. The girl giggled at your actions and Gareth just sat there, trying to process what just had happened.

"Yeah well, um, Y/N and I actually have to go, it's already late and I promised your best friend to take you home.", Gareth whispered, and you nodded. He was confused, since he really didn't expect you to agree this easily.

"Buh-baayeee.", you said weirdly, and Gareth figured that you had indeed consumed alcohol today. He picked you up in bridal style, carrying you through the crowd and out of the house, a few people going "ohhh" and "ahhhh" as they saw you both.

The walk home wasn't necessarily quiet. You were babbling about the evening you had and all of the adventures that happened. Gareth was smiling during all of it, pressing a gentle kiss to the crown of your head occasionally. Then you turned in his arms, hiding your face in his chest.

"Ya know Gar', I never told you how much I love you", you said, and Gareth's eyes widened.

"W-What?", he stuttered, surprised about the sudden confession. The two of you had never said those three words to one another till this very moment, and yet they slipped out of your mouth this easily.

You didn't reply to his question, answering with soft snores. Did this really just happen? Did you really fall asleep after saying something like this?

"You're too much sometimes, you know that?", Gareth chuckled as he continued to carry you, your warm breath hitting his bare skin as he walked. It was a beautiful night, which he just noticed. There wasn't a single cloud on the sky, and all of the stars could be seen. There was a gentle breeze that ruffled his hair playfully, and all kinds of smells were in the air.

Too much doesn't always equal bad...