Chapter One

"One sec-"

"You're saying this since the past 15 minutes"  Yoongi retorted shaking the younger by his shoulders. 

"Okayyy- one la-aaast touch and phew!!! I'm all done." Taehyung relaxed his shoulders and shut down his laptop on the work desk. 

"It's Friday night, Tae. I know how much workaholic you are but don't be hard on yourself" Namjoon said while getting adjusted on the nearby sofa. 

"See those bags under your eyes, are you even sleeping properly?" Hoseok's concerned tone broke the silence and Taehyung just replied with a shrug "You know being on your own is tough and experiences matter when you're a Egyptologist. And in this field, I still didn't score once." 

"You were the topper in our university, Tae. It's not even one full year since you started your own research. So, don't think it's the end of the world. Do hard work but in the meantime don't lose your own sight of vision" Namjoon passed a glass of water to Taehyung when Hoseok tried to lighten up the mood. 

"Well, how about we go to that new restaurant which opened recently beside my office? It'll be a nice experience". 

"Sounds nice as I'm also done with my paper works and I've submitted them to my supervisors already" Taehyung said and the others agreed and headed toward the parking lot. 

______

*At the Restaurant*

"I need mwre sojuu, pwease-" Taehyung demanded in a drunken tone where Yoongi was probably playing with Hoseok's hair as Hoseok was lost in his own world after drinking so much. He didn't protest, didn't talk, just sat there with a solemn flat face. 

"I think we've had enough. Let's head back" Namjoon advised Taehyung where in response he pouted but agreed eventually. Only Namjoon didn't drink because someone had to drive them to their house. Yes, he learned how to drive two months ago but still he's not that trustable compared to others. 

Namjoon sat on the driver's seat beside Taehyung while Hoseok and Yoongi in the back hugging each other where Yoongi laid down on Hobi's lap. A very cute sight to capture!! 

They decided to spend the night at Taehyung's place as they usually do on their weekdays. Spending their nights in any of their places. This time they decided to come to Taehyung's place but as he was kinda busy with his work, they had to wait for him but later on enjoyed it as they do every time they are together. These weekdays were oxygen for them to get refreshment from a monotonous work life so they decided to make them special with their gatherings.

When everyone went to sleep, Taehyung sat on the sofa. Relaxing and making himself comfortable with a glass of fresh soda. He turned on the news channel and after some news flashes a very unique and different news caught his eye-

"Archaeologists have announced a host of new discoveries at the Tombs of Saqqara in the ancient Egyptian capital of Memphis, including a 4,700-year-old mummy covered in gold leaf. The mummy, the remains of a man named Jeon Lee Yeon, was found in a sealed stone sarcophagus at the bottom of a 33-foot shaft..."

Taehyung got stiffed by a foreign feeling, a cold wave of shiver ran down through his spinal cord. He didn't know why his reflex actions were responding that way to the news. But he did sense there was something very supernatural connected to it, the universe wanted to let him know something. 

He didn't waste any time. Even though he was drunk, he tried to move his body as soon as possible and went to his laptop. He searched through the internet but there was nothing descriptive he could find except a small para where it was mentioned "After the long process of digging, The group of experts have retrieved some jewelries and suspicious masks to do experiments on. Further details will be confidential for the common citizens" 

Taehyung took some notes and searched some other sites. Irrational clicks and unsatisfied groans were leaving Taehyung's mouth every time he opened a new site. 

But after a long way of thinking he turned off his laptop and headed back to his bed in a calm way. He was so tired that if he blinked one more time, he would pass out then and there. Before anything he could possibly think before sleeping, only one thought haunted him that whatever it takes, he will find out the connection with that Mummy to his Subconscious Self. 

✴✶ - ✶✴

So, the first chapter ends here. I tried to show the side of Taehyung's workaholic behaviour and how serious he is about his work. He was the topper in his university. He has a degree in Archeology and currently took Modern Egyptology to research on his PhD career. He has a bright personality but something excited him today, something supernatural which has a connection to his past, present and future self. Let us find out what triggered him to start his journey for the unknown world. More details will come about the characters in the upcoming chapters until then.... 

STAY TUNED 'PURPLES' 😚💜 

Love you all, whoever chose this book to read. I hope you won't regret reading this story 😌🤞🏻

❀̥˚ ════ •⊰❂ - ❂⊱• ════ ❀̥˚

꧁࿇♥♥࿇꧂