Chapter Two

A sharp ring from Taehyung's phone knocked off his senses. He rampaged on his nearby desk and then ended up finding his phone under the pillow he was sleeping on.

After trying several tries, he opened his eyes painfully and received the call without checking the caller's name.

"Hello?" Taehyung answered in his deep husky voice, probably sounding like he caught a cold.

"Hello, Taehyung, it's me, Professor Lee. Are you sick?" A concerned voice came from the other side when Taehyung tried his hardest to get back to his senses.

"Ahh! Good morning, sir. No, I'm not sick, thank you for your concern. How may I help you, Sir?" He massaged his eyes and yawned almost inaudibly, placing his phone to the farest from his face.

"Well, it's afternoon already. Fine, as you say. You must have been doing overwork again. Take care of yourself, okay?" He sighed before continuing "So getting to the point, our contracted team has found some suspicious things related to mummies. I highly believe that we will eventually find one 'real mummy' there. And as you're one of my brightest interns and favourite student, I want you to research on the site we are having our most intuition with. I want you to find details related to the place and its history."

"Wait, what-" Taehyung jolted down from his bed surprisingly and sat on the thick layered mattress floor. He couldn't believe his ears and pinched his arm in between his two moles.

"Do you want to be a part of this research, Taehyung?" Professor Lee asked in which Tae reacted like an orphan who finally got to be adopted by a family.

"Sir, is this even a question? I really want to work on this project. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. I'll never let you down."

Professor Lee chuckled, he knew what was going to be the lad's reaction.

"You have three days to pack and arrange your things, I've already booked your ticket along with Yoongi's. Do me a favour, let him know on my behalf, I'm currently on my way to New Jersey, so I may not be able to contact you guys for straight 14 hours."

"Okay sir, it'll be my pleasure. Have a safe journey. And again thank you for giving us this valuable opportunity. I hope you have a great day".

"Do your best there, I'll be counting on you two" Professor Lee said and cut the call.

Taehyung let his body fall back after standing up. As he landed on the soft bed, a smile was noticeably plastered on his sharp face. He started to throw his fists and leg up in the air in excitement.

He brought his pillow closer to his chest and hugged it tightly "Today can't be more better than this". He was so happy as it was going to be his first ever 'on the spot' type of work in Egypt.