6

Third Person POV:

...

It's been about a week since Leah asked Jeremiah to escort her to the Debutante ball. He said he would think about it. So Leah decided to stay away from the Fisher house, but she's been hanging out with Belly a little. She was sitting in her room listening to her mom and stepdad yelling for what seemed like the hundredth time this week. She didn't want to be in this house but she didn't want to be near Jeremiah.

She finally decided she was tired of sitting at home so she got up and drove to the country club to swim. She went into the girls changing room and put on her favorite lilac bikini and walked out to sit on a chair. She was laying there for a minute before she heard it. His voice. The sweet voice of Jeremiah Fisher.

Leah's Pov:

"Leah!" Jeremiah called out as he ran over to my chair. What if he came to say he didn't want to take me to the ball. "Hey Jere." I said picking up my phone. "Do you maybe want to hang out tonight? since our little hangout got ruined last week." he said, he looked really nervous asking me this. "Uh yeah sure. that sounds like fun." I said fiddling with my fingers, he smiled and said he would text me later. After he walked off I decided to go home and get ready for tonight.

I took a shower and got dressed, I decided to wear a white crop top with black leggings and some white converse. Jeremiah texted me that he was outside, so I looked in the mirror one more time before leaving. When I got out there he was standing in front of his car when he saw me walk out he smiled and opened the door for me. We drove for a bit and ended up at a beach I had never been to, which is weird cause I've lived her since I was 11. He put the car in park and looked at me. His eyes were so blue, like the ocean. "Can I take you to the deb ball, Leah?" he asked while looking into my eyes.

"Jeremiah Fisher, you could take me anywhere you want to." I said right before I leaned in and kissed him. I know we've kissed before but this time it was different, the butterflies in my stomach were going insane. Once we pulled apart I looked into is his eyes and we just sat there for a minute. "Jere, I like you, like a lot. But I can't do this right now." he looked at me with a saddened eyes. "What do you mean, this?" he knew what I meant, he just wanted me to tell him straight forward. That's just the way Jeremiah is, if you want him to know you have to tell him. "You know what I mean Jere. I can't trust you after what happened last time." I said on the verge of tears, "Leah, we were young. I've changed." he said with glossy eyes. "We can take it slow. I won't push you into a relationship. But Leah I can't lose you." Those words word's. Those four words broke me into pieces. "Just friends, Jere."

...

wow Leah you're messing with his feels girly. short chapter because the next ones gonna get juicy ;)