8

Leah's POV:

...

Today is the deb ball! Jeremiah and I decided we were still going together. As friends though. Sadly. But I'm going to the Fisher house so I can ride with Belly. I am super excited. All those long rehearsals will finally pay off. My parents aren't coming, I didn't expect them to which is why it hurts. I kind of wish they would be there to watch me. I'll be sitting with Susannah, Laurel, and everyone else at their party. Jeremiah made sure I was sitting right next to him at the table.

"Leah! You're here!" Susannah greeted me as I walked into the kitchen with Jeremiah. We were holding hands as we walked in and I think she noticed because she was smiling weirdly at us. It's not like we're together, he just finds it comforting and so do I. I like to know I'm not alone, and Jeremiah lets me know that he's there. "Are you guys together?" Susannah asked as Jeremiah and I sat at the table. "No mom, she's my best friend." He looked embarrassed, not in a bad way. "Well, you guys look cute together!" She said and then walked out of the kitchen, Jere just looked at me and rolled his eyes. I smiled at him and we started talking about tonight and how nervous I was.

"Belly, can you help me with my hair?" I asked, I hate doing my hair. I was trying to do two braids back into a bun, but it wasn't working. "Yeah, one second" she said, wow she looked stunning. If Connie doesn't wife her soon, I might. She helped finish my hair and then I did my makeup. I went to a dressing room and put my dress on, and finished all my finishing touches before making my way out to the hallway where everyone was lining up. I was nervous to go out there. They called us all name by name, and I was next. I looked up to Jeremiah standing in the doorway, he made a heart with his hands and then pointed at me. If that's not enough to give you butterflies, I don't know what is.

After the ball, we all went home and Laurel made dinner for us. Jeremiah pulled me into his room after I was done changing. "Hey Jere," I said as I sat down on his bed. He was pacing around his room like a weirdo. "Uhm Jere? Hello?" I said because I didn't think he heard me the first time. "Leah, I love you" he blurted out. I already knew this, he's my best friend, of course, of course he loves me. "I love you too Jere," I said. "No Leah. I love you. I love the way you play with your fingers when you're nervous, your smile, your laugh, your eyes, the way you can not stand sour cream on anything, and the way you care for others when they don't deserve your love. And Leah, I love the way you saved me." Jeremiah Fisher was probably the only person to have ever cared about me enough to notice those little things. And for that, I love him, more than he'll ever know. "Jere," I said. "Yeah?"... "Are you going to kiss me? Or what?" And before I knew it, his lips were on mine and it was like they were made for each other.

"Leah, I don't want to be friends anymore," he said after we pulled apart. Wait was he just trying to let me down easy? "I want to be yours and I want you to be mine." He was staring at me, probably waiting for an answer. But I didn't know the question I was answering. "Jeremiah, if you're asking me to be your girlfriend I need to hear those words." I said smiling at him. He got down on one knee and held his hands out like he was holding a ring and said, "Leah McKay, will you make me super duper happy and be my boo thang?" He said, while laughing like a maniac may I add. Ugh dating him is going to be a comedy show. "Yes, I would love to be your boo thang." He got up and started jumping around saying, "She said yes!" Over and over until I grabbed him and pulled him into a kiss.

We walked downstairs and everybody was already at the table eating. We sat next to eachother and started to eat. We all talked and ate until we decided to go to bed. I didn't have any pajamas so Jere gave me a pair of pants and a hoodie, that I was definitely keeping. We watched Netflix while cuddling until we both fell asleep. I've been waiting for this moment since I met Jeremiah. Now I get to call him mine everyday and just hold him whenever I want. I love him, and he loves me. This is what I was waiting for my whole life. Not someone or something. I was waiting for Jeremiah Fisher.

...

So they're dating now... also I didn't put the whole deb thing in there because I felt like that was too much. Also this isn't the end there is tons more drama waiting. Also I'm saying also a lot but the picture at the top is Leah's dress and it's absolutely gorgeous😁Byeee