7

Leah's POV:

...

It's Fourth of July and I'm heading to the fisher house for Susannah's annual party. Me and Jeremiah have been getting closer these past couple of weeks, not couple close but a good close. He's picking me up for the party because he wants to talk to me about what we're wearing to the ball. For the party I'm wearing a bikini with shorts and a cropped cover up. I just did some mascara since we are going to be swimming and I just combed my hair and left it down. Jeremiah called and said he'd be there in 5 minutes.

"Hey Jere!" I said as I made my way to the car. "You look good today." he said. I smiled and got into the car. He just sat there for a minute looking at me. "Can I kiss you?" he asked after another minute of silence. I leaned in and kissed him, this wasn't like me but Jeremiah made me feel safe. We started driving to the Fisher house just talking about random things on the way.

Everyone was already out in the backyard so Jeremiah and I snuck up into room. "I didn't pick you up to talk about the ball." he said once we were sat on his bed. "okay, so why did you pick me up?" I was confused if he didn't want to talk about our outfits why'd he say he wanted to. I'm honestly nervous sitting here in his room while he's staring me down. "I'm dating Gigi." he said fast, it took me a minute to process what he had just said. "ok." I said before getting up and walking to the backyard. He followed me down the steps and stopped me, "Just ok? That's all you have to say?" he asked confused. Why does he seem confused, did he want a big reaction out of me? Because if so, he wasn't going to get one. "What do you want me to say Jeremiah? I told you I wasn't ready, I can't help that you found someone new." I said and continued into the backyard. Looks like I'm going to have to find a new escort.

Belly made some kind of drink for all of the kids so we went to the beach and hung out. Jeremiah cuddled up with Gigi, Shayla and Steven, Conrad and Nicole, Belly and Cam. And then there was me. "Leah, have you picked your escort yet?" Nicole asked, Jeremiah looked at me. "No, I haven't. Don't worry though, I'm looking." I said with a smile. Jeremiah started playing with his fingers and looking at the ground, that's what he does when he's upset. I asked Belly if she wanted to go back to the house with me to grab some water and she agreed.

"So how have you and Jere been?" she asked, she doesn't know? Jeremiah didn't tell her? "Um, him and Gigi are together. He just told me when he picked me up." I said as we grabbed our waters. We were mostly quiet the whole walk back until she said something that caught me off guard, "He likes you." she was looking at the ground and I just froze. I got back to the group and we all decided to play put a finger down. I know this is going to suck.

"Put a finger down if you've kissed to people in less than 24 hours." Nicole started the game. Everyone put their finger down except for Belly and I. "Put a finger down if you've ever snuck out to a party." Jeremiah said, everyone put a finger down. Gigi started giggling and then said "Put a finger down if you've ever kissed Jeremiah." she thought this was funny because in her mind only she has, so when I put my finger everything went south. "WHAT THE HELL?" she screamed getting up and storming off. "Really Leah? You couldn't have just sat there? Just wanted to start drama didn't you?" Jeremiah said following after Gigi. Why would I lie? If he didn't want her tp find out like this he should've been honest with her.

After the whole Gigi storm out everyone left. I literally killed the party by putting down my finger. Belly, Conrad, and I were swimming in the pool watching the fireworks when Jeremiah came out. "Came back to yell at me again?" I asked. "Leah just drop it. I get that you don't like her-" I cut him off before he could finish "Who said I didn't like her? I was just being honest. I'm not going to sit and lie to all my friends because you didn't tell her about what's been happening with us these past two weeks." I said, with way more attitude than I intended. I just don't understand how we were doing so good and he just went out and got with her, not to mention kissing me and then telling me they were together. This is why I didn't want to get involved with him. I thought he changed, but I was just naïve.

Belly asked me to stay the night with her and I agreed. We were talking and then Jeremiah came in the room. He was crying? "Jere? What Happened?" I asked getting up from my place on the bed. No matter how mad I am at him, I'll always have a soft spot for Jeremiah Fisher. He wouldn't say anything so I took him into his room and laid with him on his bed. We just laid there, I let him cry on my shoulder even though I know we're not going to be more than friends and that made me want to cry too. "Jere, can you tell me what happened?" I asked wiping away his tears. He looked up at me "I'm sorry, it was all a mistake Leah." he said, I just sat there confused on what he was talking about. "Can you explain what you mean by that?" I asked. "I only got with Gigi to try and make you jealous. I just wanted to get a reaction to see if you still cared about me. I didn't mean to hurt you and I shouldn't have done this. Leah I'm sorry." How could I stay mad at him after that. He wasn't trying to make me mad, he just wanted someone to care.

I spent the night in Jeremiah's room talking about anything and everything. I ended up falling asleep in his arms. When I woke up he was already awake on his phone. "Morning Jere" I said with a smile, "Morning Bean" I want to be with him so bad, but what we have right now is great and I don't want to risk ruining that.

...

don't worry they'll be together soon, but I love drama so it might be awhile :)