The Preliminaries Begin

A/N: This chapter took a long time to write, so I hope that you will enjoy it.

No POV

Leaving off from the previous chapter the teams that passed the 2nd exams ended up going to a room which held the Yondaime hokage and many Jonin, all of which were the passing participants' senseis. The yondaime then spoke up and said, "All of the examinees here have passed the first two exams. I am here to say congratulations to all of you here, but there are far too many examinees here which will be cut down by half in the following preliminary matches."

"My apologizes lord hokage, but I want to take it from here." A voice spoke up, that being Hayate Gekko a Konoha Jonin. Minato nodded in approval and stepped back as the Jonin stepped forward to speak. "The preliminary matches are a series of 1-on-1 matches with each winner making it to the 3rd exam. the only rules are, don't attack the crowd or the proctor, and the proctor will decide when the match is over, and the participants who break these rules will be disqualified." Hayate had finished.

Many people cried out in outrage, and said they all deserve to be in the final exam. Hayate then said, "The kage and daimyos will be at the 3rd and final exam, so in order to not waste the kages and daimyos time we will cut down the weaker half of the participants." The chunin hopefuls calmed down from their outrage. "Any person who wants to give up at this point, raise your hand high up and we will escort you out of the exit." Hayate continued. One Yakushi Kabuto raised his hand up in the air, as he was escorted out. 

The prelimanires then began and everyone filed into the stands. One Naruto had overheard all of this and had all but snickered. Naruto walked up to the stands himself alongside all of the senseis and the other chunin hopefuls. The first match was about to commence, and the screen on the wall then started cycling through names, and the names Uchiha Sasuke and Akado Yoroi. Sasuke dropped down to the floor, and so did Yoroi.

The match then began as Hayate yelled out, fight. Sasuke rushed over to Yoroi and started off with a right hook to Yoroi's face. Yoroi dodge the punch by tilting his head slightly to the right, and he then activated his chakra scalps attempting to stab through Sasuke's neck. Sasuke weaved handsigns and yelled out, "Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" Yoroi with no room to dodge the point blank fireball decided to cast a kawarimi also known as a substitution. Sasuke then felt someone begin to drain his chakra, so he pulled out a kunai from his holster, and he plunged the kunai deep into his adversary's throat stabbing Yoroi. Yoroi cried out in pain, but he had been killed by the kunai causing medics to arrive at the scene and carry Yoroi off in a stretcher. "Uchiha Sasuke wins, and moves on to the finals." Hayate announced whilst coughing.

"So the Duckbutt wins this match, I'm rather surprised he could have won in that condition." Naruto had commented. Satsuki then walked over to Naruto. "I guess Sasuke is slightly stronger than we anticipated. he still didn't prove much, or anything at that matter." Satsuki told Naruto. "It is only natural that he would win against such a weak opponent though. If Sasuke had went up against Gaara, Dosu, Lee, you, Kinato, Mito, Neji, Hinata, Yugito, or me then he would have lost." Naruto had added on. Sasuke proceeded to walk up to the stands and Kakashi spoke to him shunshining away with him.

"Will Haruno Sakura, and Yamanaka Ino come down to the stage!" Hayate yelled out. Sakura and Ino jumped down to the floor to fight. The match then sprung into action, as the two girls rushed at one another, Ino began the fight with a flurry of extremely slow punches. Sakura had a tough time dodging all of the punches, getting hit by quite a few, she then summoned 3 clones to distract Ino. Ino however threw 3 kunai, going through the clones which disappeared. Sakura got close up, but Ino managed to land a mind transfer jutsu, forfeiting Sakura causing Ino to win.

"Victor, Yamanaka Ino!" Naruto all but shook his head in disappointment. "This is expected from fangirls who play Kunoichi," Satsuki led. Naruto nodded and spoke, "If only there was a way to get your time back because anything was a better use of time than this." Many others in the stands especially other Kunoichi could agree with the two statements from Satsuki and Naruto. Sakura ended up going up to the stands, and so did Ino as both Kunoichi were only scratched.

The screen cycled through names once again as the names Sabaku no Temari, and Omoi popped up. The two shinobi jumped down to the arena, and the fight was to begin. Temari began by jumping back, as Omoi unsheathed his katana, and rushed forward. Temari opened up her fan shooting wind towards Omoi forcing him to jump back in order to dodge. Omoi used a lightning surge jutsu, shooting lightning into the ground forcing Temari to jump to the side. Omoi rushed forward katana in hand, and he got to point blank range creating a slicing motion only for Temari to use her now closed fan to stop Omoi in his  tracks. Temari then swung her fan pushing Omoi back a few inches. Omoi channeled lightning chakra into his katana, and Temari now wide open decided to open her fan, swinging it multiple times channeling wind chakra into the fan creating gusts of wind.

"Your abilities are impressive Suna kunoichi, but this fight ends here!" Omoi yelled out. Temari only snickered, and responded. "I could say the same to you, Kumo shinobi." Temari responded. Temari rushed forward after closing her fan, and she swung it pushing Omoi upwards, she jumped up propelling him further into the air. Temari finished her combo by propping her fan up for Omoi to land on with his back. The now unconscious Omoi was carried away with a stretcher after sustaining his injuries.

The match was then called into Temari's favor. Many people thought of that as the first actually impressive match so far. There was no real comments on that match, after all it was filled with great executions of attacks on both sides really being a math of who had the superior arsenal.

A/N: That will end it for this chapter since there are many more fights in the preliminaries, and cramming all of them into one chapter would make the chapter far too long.