12) *robin buckley* birthday trouble

Word count- 888

Genre- fluff 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin never knew what to get for your birthday. No matter what time of day she went to the store, how much money she had in her pockets, there was never anything she wanted to buy that really stood out. This was too boring, that was too cheesy. And, obviously, she constantly thought you wouldn't like what she got.

Therefore, she always ended up buying a teddy bear or some chocolates and take you on a date. You always assured her you loved all her gifts; they were adorable and you wouldn't trade them for the world. Yet, Robin was Robin, always so determined and she wanted to show you how much she genuinely loves you.

That's why she decided this year would be different. This year, she'd get you the best of best, and it would make your jaw drop. Only problem was; she still had no idea what that fantastic gift should be.

After scrambling around the new mall for three hours on your birthday, she decided it was time to ask for help. Usually, you would have been the one she ran to as she met a problem, but this time, that wasn't an option. She had no choice but to ask the only person that knew enough about you to guide her: Steve

It was almost four o'clock when Robin finally entered scoop's ahoy. After she came to peace with the thought that she needed to speak with Steve, she made a dumb mistake, heading for his house instead of his workplace, totally forgetting he worked there on Sundays as well. When she drove back, it was already late, and she was starting to get seriously stressed.

"I need your help" she stated firmly, grabbing hold of Steve's shoulder as she barged into the store, dragging him behind the counter, Evelyn ignoring the fact that she was getting ready to leave for the day.

"What the-" he started, tearing away from her touch, but trailing off as he saw who it was. Rubbing his arm angrily, he sent her a glare, causing her to cringe.

"It's about y/n's birthday," Robin added, before she could protest. "I don't know what to get her, but I want it to be special" She said pacing around in a wonky circle.

Hearing the desperation in her voice, Steve sighed defeatedly and threw his bag away on one of the chairs. Eyeing her carefully, he took a deep breath.

"Okay," he said finally. "Let's do this"

They spent an hour talking, planning and suggesting. When they finally agreed on something, they started scurrying around the ice cream store, hurrying to get everything done. The sky was already darkening when Robin sent you a message, telling to come to scoops ahoy.

You were confused, to say the least. And a little hurt, maybe. It had been the whole day; your whole birthday, and now she wanted you to come to her? Yet you got in your car without complaining, eager to see whatever Robin was up to.

As you arrived, the store was dark, but opened. You raised your brows, carefully stepping into the darkness.

"Robin?"

No answer came. You began to get worried, your steps echoing on the floor as you wandered around the store blindly. Suddenly, the lights turned on to reveal Robin sitting by a nearby table filled with ice cream. Literally. There was ice cream filling every space on the table, there was not one flavor you could think of that wasn't there. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, Oreo, mint, peanut, raspberry and lots more.

And in the middle of all that heavenly food was Robin, your girlfriend, with the biggest grin on her face. You could tell she was proud of what she'd done, and you couldn't blame her.

"hey pretty," she said casually, standing up to wrap her arms around your waist. "Happy Birthday"

A smile slowly spread across your face. She'd done all of this... for you. She was the best girlfriend you could ask for.

"Thank you," you whispered, tears clouding your vision. "Thank you so much, darling"

You buried your head in her shoulder and she hugged you tightly, no matter how many times Robin hugged you or showed affection torwards you,  her face was always bright red. When you pulled away, she dried your tears with her fingers, then kissed you sweetly. Your mouths moved in a slow rhythm until she pulled away, the grin still plastered to her face. You were grinning, too, probably like an idiot, but you couldn't help it. You were just so happy.

"I don't deserve you," you said, running your finger over her lips. She looked deep into your e/c eyes; gripping your hair lightly in response, pulling you in for another kiss, this time more passionate and needy. her hand entangled themselves in your hair as you bit her lip slightly.

"Okay, okay, I get it, you're in love" a voice behind you grumbled, causing you to turn around quickly, only to see Steve with a smirk on his face and a bag in his hand. "Don't worry, I'm leaving. Though the two do you should consider eating the ice cream before it melts"

A giggle left your lips as you waved goodbye to Steve, holding Robins hand. "So, about that ice cream..."

(THERES GONNA BE A PT 2 BUT IM LAZY RN)