I'll Take Care of Him

Derek's eyes snapped up at the loud thud followed by a crash. He scrambled up and hurried downstairs to the kitchen. There in a pile of flour was—"Stiles!"

"Shud up!" the toddler scolded. His face was twisted in a glare that was probably meant to be intimidating but all covered in flour and three years old it was just too cute. Derek being seven still found it funny. "Der! No laughin!"

"I'm sorry, Stiles." Derek tried not to laugh but it was hard.

Stiles crossed his arms and pouted. "I sowwy, Stiles," the toddler parroted and he did not look pleased.

Just as Derek moved towards the toddler the door opened and a pair of heels clicked as their babysitter got to the archway. One look at Stiles had her grinding her teeth. "What the hell is this?"

Derek glanced at Stiles protectively and stepped between them cutting off her line of sight. "We were just playing and accidentally spilled the flour. I'll get him cleaned up."

Stiles got up and toddled over to Derek, clinging to his pants. "I sowwy, Kate. Do you want a piture I drawed?" Kate put on a sickly sweet smile that Derek knew was fake.

"I don't want a picture. I want you to clean up the mess you made. I want you to clean up yourself and then I want you to go find something to occupy yourself."

Derek watched as Stiles's face fell and it made his heart clench. Kate merely flipped her hair and went back outside to the patio. Derek knelt down and cupped Stiles's face. "Are you okay?" Stiles sniffled and nodded before going over to grab the broom which promptly smacked him in the face. "Stiles?" Derek sighed at the devastated look on the kid's face. "How about you let me handle the flour. You can help me with the dustpan."

Stiles nodded and grabbed the small red dustpan. "Do you fink, if I good that Kate will want da piture?" Derek sighed knowing Kate wasn't the kind of person who would appreciate it.

"I don't think so, pup but you know I always love your pictures. Maybe when we get all cleaned up you can draw something for me. How's that sound?" he asked as he swept the flour into a pile.

Stiles's face lit up. "Yes pwease."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Derek heard giggling as he got the bathtub ready. He got a bit lost in thought wondering why his mom insisted on them having a babysitter. He could take care of Stiles just fine. Said toddler scurried into the bathroom with his toy fox and pointed. "Bubs!" he squealed, letting out a giggle when Derek tickled his tummy.

Once the water was the right temperature he helped Stiles undress and get in. He started humming while he gave Stiles a bath. Other than bedtime cuddles, bathtime was the only time Stiles truly settled down. The toddler's eyes glazed over as he sighed happily while Derek massaged the shampoo into his hair. Derek smiled. Stiles had always been one of the most important people in his life. He rinsed out the shampoo and reached for the towel. "All right, pup. Time to get out."

Stiles looked at Derek, blinking owlishly. "But why?" he asked quietly.

Derek held up the towel. "Because we have to get some supper and then I think someone promised me a movie. After all, I was told I absolutely had to see it."

Stiles gasped and got up allowing Derek to lift him out and dry him off. He let Derek get him into pajamas before latching onto him. Stiles wrapped his arms around Derek's neck and nuzzled his nose against Derek's neck. "I wuv you, Der."

Well didn't that just melt Derek into a pile of goo. He tossed the towel in the hamper, drained the tub and picked up the kid. He placed a kiss on Stiles's temple and carried him downstairs. "I love you too, pup."