Jennifer's Undoing

Julia, Stiles, Aylward and Claudia begin to plan and Julia and Stiles work on their bond to enable them to better communicate whenever they're not together. It is hard for Stiles to resist getting to know her better. He craves it but his mate needs him, and Jennifer must be stopped. Stiles spends a lot of time at home more recently, but he still goes to the Hale House pretty often. It is like a second home after all. Though while he's there he tends to stay in his fox form. It's easier for him because as a fox he doesn't process emotions the same way. He and Julia will play at the Nemeton's base in their fox forms and sometimes Claudia will also join them in her fox form. It grants them a reprieve from the upcoming confrontation.

The Nemeton watches over her sparks and after she is able to heal the darkness in herself, she decides it's time to help Spark Mieczyslaw. She uses a fox that isn't Stiles to lure Derek to her. Once Derek is there, she begins cleansing him of Jennifer's evil magic. As she does so she shows Derek what's occurring and then sends him back to his mate.

It's as if Derek is once again himself but it isn't until he's back pawing at the Stilinski's back door that he realizes he's shifted. However, he can't shift back.

He hears the Nemeton's voice in his head. "Do not fret, dear one. This is only until she is stopped. Your wolf and you still are at odds. Your wolf is devoted to your mate and will make sure nothing can change that." Derek doesn't have long to ponder her words as he takes the backseat to his wolf and Stiles opens the door.

Everything else is quickly forgotten. "Derek?" Stiles says quietly.

Derek nuzzles Stiles's leg, weaves around them and then settles between them, ears perked for their surroundings.

Stiles takes a deep breath, trembling. "My Derek?"

Derek whines at the hopeful tone.

Stiles hears the Nemeton's voice in his head. "I have cleansed him, Spark Mieczysław. He remains a wolf to protect himself and you."

Stiles feels something settle inside him like a knot of anxiety is loosened inside him and he smiles softly. "Well since she says you're cleansed I suppose you can join us?" he asks, though he meant to make it a statement.

Derek easily gives his answer by refusing to leave Stiles's side for even a moment as they go over their plans a final time and make the preparations the day before Jennifer is set to return. They've learned many things about Jennifer in the course of a week. Including the fact that by slitting Kate Argent's throat she gained blood that she used for spells. Stiles shudders at that discovery as blood magic is twisted and dark. Not always according to Julia and Aylward but in the case where it is taken unwillingly it is evil and leans towards the shadows.

When Jennifer arrived in Beacon Hills originally, she was still a simple human but with very dark thoughts and plans. Integrating herself into the community. Getting into Derek's grade. Killing Kate. Using blood magic and ultimately working to sever the mate bond between Stiles and Derek.

It makes Spark Mieczyslaw furious and his spark rumbles inside him ready to fight for what is his. Derek is his mate. They've been inseparable since Stiles was three and Derek was seven. Stiles misses his mate so damn much and now that he has all the information, Jennifer will pay for what she's done. Stiles may only be nine years old but he's an old soul and his mate has been harmed which he refuses to stand for. Anyone under a spark's protection will pay severely for any harm they have caused and well if Stiles has it his way...Jennifer will pay with her life.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Jennifer returns at the end of the week completely oblivious to what she's walking into. She texts Derek to tell him she's back and she isn't pleased when she receives no response. No matter. He'll soon learn he can't refuse when she calls. A raven lands on her shoulder and she smirks. It was a bitch to steal a familiar and bend it to her will, but he is ruthless just like her. She cackles evilly and heads towards the Hale House thinking all the while how utterly dense the wolves are to not recognize the serpent in their midst. She remains unaware of the eyes that follow her from the woods.