Chapter 12: A Cheap Name is Good for Living

Ying Wang actually didn't want to make much a fuss, especially when he meddle with Tian Ruidong's trouble last time. He was already attacked by a series of rumors, now seeing someone quarreling, he just wants to turn his head and leave.

That was his original but after hearing Commandery Princess Jiamin's shout, he had to stop his track. Consort-Mother intended to win Princess Shun'an's side so if he turned around today, it would not do good for him. Commandery Princess Jiamin is his biao mei* and is straightforward, impulsive, and had a bad temper. It would be troublesome if someone caused trouble for her and vise versa.
*表妹 biao mei - female cousin via female side.

Going out from behind the door and seeing Hua Liuli blocked by Jiamin in the corner, Ying Wang frowned: "Jiamin, County Princess Hua has a weak body. The wind is strong here, if there is anything you want to talk about, you can find a shelter first and sit to talk slowly."

These words are not accusing Jiamin of bullying Hua Liuli, but Jiamin was still unhappy: "She came by herself, and I did not bring her out."

After being run by Jiamin, the Ying Wang's face doesn't look very good, especially now there are outsiders. Ying Wang could not tolerate people with lower status to make him lose face: "Jiamin!"

Seeing Ying Wang's anger, although she was unwilling, Jiamin dared not talk anymore. She turned her head and glared at Hua Liuli. She couldn't understand, why could men like to care for this kind of woman who looks soft and weak outside, but full of schemes inside?

Being targeted by Commandery Princess Jiamin's glare, Hua Liuli's face burst into an innocent and naive smile.

"Your Highness, Commandery Princess, if there is nothing else, this Official's daughter will retire first." Although she they didn't like these two people much, Hua Liuli felt that these two looked good together so that way they didn't have to go out and harm others.

Simply a match made in heaven, just perfect.

"Why did County Princess only brought one servant out?" Ying Wang looked at Hua Liuli's fair face and thin waist, and was very worried about what will happen on her way back. At that time, when the Father Emperor sent someone to check, and found out about him and Jiamin before this, what will he do then?

"It's nothing. It's not that far from the Shoukang Palace." Hua Liuli really didn't want to disturb them at all. If she disturbed such a well matching two people, her conscience would hunt her.

"The County Princess came to stay in the palace, she is our royal guest, I..."

"So let this Prince escort her back."

The three people turned around and saw the Crown Prince sitting on a sedan. The winter sun shone on his cloak embroidered with gold thread, as if he was shining all over.

The eunuchs put the the sedan down, and the prince stepped down and walked slowly to the three of them. His gaze passed on Jiamin, who saluted him, and then to Hua Liuli, "Come."

Hua Liuli curtsied to Ying Wang and followed the Crown Prince. When she reached the edge of the sedan, the Crown Prince stopped to look at Hua Liuli.

Hua Liuli blinked.

"Forget it." The prince sighed, "You are five years younger, this Prince* will let you sit."
孤 gu - used by feudal princes to address themselves.

"How can this be?" Hua Liuli shook her head and refused, "Your Highness's kindness, this servant girl knows, but there is no such thing as being a servant girl sitting while letting Your Highness walk."

The Crown Prince chuckled: "This Prince means, to let you sit down first while waiting for the eunuchs to get another over."

"Then this official's daughter would like to thank Your Highness." Hua Liuli smiled joyfully, and walked up to sit on the sedan. There was a faint scent inside. She looked up at the Crown Prince and recalled some of her childhood memories.