Caught

IZUKU POV:

It was finally vacation, it only lasted 3 months but those were the best 3 months, 3 months without kacchan.

During the vacation the urge to self harm has decreased significantly, but never gone.

I had visited Sei-Chan a lot this vacation, with a hoodie obviously, I can't let her know about it.

Today she came to visit me, I was really happy.

We ordered dangos since it's her favorite food, we ate and talked a lot.
But I noticed something, she was looking excessively at my wrist.

I think she suspects something.

She kept putting me in situations where I had to raise my hands or change my hoodie, but I successfully managed to evade showing my wrist.

When she left she looked sad, pitiful.
She knew I was hiding something, but I think she didn't want to be direct.

———————————————————————————

Two days later after that I woke up in a bad mood, I kept noticing the smallest mistake and I hated that.

I was in the bathroom, contemplating if I should do it or not.

"Agh, fuck it"

I opened my cabinet and took out my cutter, I polished it a bit and began.

Blood dripped from my arm as I did more and more cuts, like a strawberry syrup tsunami was in my bathroom irradiated from my arm.

I think that I overdid it, my vision was blurry as my strength slowly disappeared. Everything became fuzzy as I laid on the floor with my arm extended.
Suddenly everything became pitch black.

———————————————————————————

YONSEI POV:

I knocked on zuzu's door waiting for an answer,there was none.

I slowly opened the door and saw no one on the first floor.

"Maybe he is on the second floor?

Zuzuuuuu! I'm hereeeeeee!"

No answer.

I slowly made my way to the second floor, the stairs were really creaky.

I was there, in front of zuzu's door.
I was scared, I don't know why but I was.

I raised my hand and,

Knock Knock

Nothing.

I reached for the handle and turned it, there was no one in the room.

"Zuzu! You can come out now! Zuzu please! This isn't funny zuzu!"

My heart was beating out of my chest, I was genuinely scared.
I saw the bathroom door in a corner,it filled me with a little hope.

"Zuzu, you there?"

...

I turned the handle, opened the door and saw what I begged to not see.

"Zuzu...?"

Izuku was on the floor with his arm extended in front of him, it had scars all over it.
There was a lot of blood in them, I also saw old scars. I noticed he was sweating cold and his all might hoodie was stained in blood.
This was what I utterly feared.

I fell on my knees, crying.
I knew this would happen but not that soon!

Why didn't I say something to him?!

Why am I so useless?!

My hands were covering my mouth and my entire body was shaking, my face was an infinite waterfall of tears, even if I tried, they wouldn't stop.

I opened the cabinet and grabbed the bandages in there, I slowly started to bandage him. It was hard since I could barely see with all the tears in my eyes but I finally did it.

I grabbed him and placed him on his bed, I curled into a side of the bed and cried feeling more worthless than a single speck of dust, that was until I sensed movement.

"Zuzu...?"

——————————————————————————-

IZUKU POV:

I woke up in my bed feeling numb, I was confused.

"Wha-"

"Zuzu...?"

I turned my head to see Sei-Chan, her face was all red and puffy, she was curdled into a ball.

"S-sei?"

shit, Shit, SHIT!

"I-I umm-"

I was interrupted by a hug, I was trembling, what is going on?

"I'm sorry..."

"No, I'm sorry! I'm the one that-"

"I should have said something! I knew this would happen but I said nothing!"

She was sobbing intensely, she couldn't even finish and started to cry.

Guilt was eating me alive while I stood frozen. It felt awful.

She calmed a bit. And reached for something in her pocket,

"Whenever you have the urge or need me, press this button.
I'll come as fast as I possibly can."

She gave me a little red button, I grabbed it with my shaky hands, and pressed it.

She gave me a hug, the one that fills you with warmth when you feel as cold as ice. It felt really nice.

I think we were both very tired because we plopped onto my bed and slept as our tears dried out.

———————————————————————————

The rays of sunshine stung my face as I woke up, I realized that I was hugging Sei-Chan, her face was buried in my chest, I blushed a bit and then remembered what happened yesterday.

I was sad and guilty, but at least she wasn't angry.

I just froze there for some time, until she woke up.

She looked at me, I thought she was gonna be mad and leave, but she smiled.

She stood up and patted me on the head, grabbed my hand to lead me to the kitchen.

Once we got there she started to make waffles while I stood there, still processing what had just happened.

By the time I zoned back to reality the waffles were already done.

I took a seat and looked at the waffles soaked in honey, then I looked at Sei and was received with a hug, a warm one.

"It's okay Zuzu, there's nothing to worry about"

I felt as a single tear leave my eye and land on her shoulder.