[1]

Chapter 1

"Melanie!?" The cashier called my name for the order I had placed a few minutes ago. There's nothing like a sweet latè at 7 in the morning.

I breathed in then walked to the counter to collect my sweet energy booster.

"Thank you." I said reaching into my wallet to pull out a 20 dollar bill for the nice older lady.

Handing in the money I then took the cup and was walking out when she called out.

"Oh darln you forgot your change!" She said loudly but with a sweetness to her voice making me smile. She sounded just like mamá.

"Oh no keep it. Thanks again!" I stated walking out of the cafè and to my car where I started it up and begun my way to the hospital I worked at.

I've worked there atleast 3 years since I've first been transferred here after a very tragic accident that took place in my hometown. The memory I try to keep locked up and sealed away.

~~~

I grabbed my purse and phone placing my phone in the purse and sliding it over my shoulder. Walking into the hospital building I was nearly knocked down by my bold best friend Natalie.

"MELANIE!" She screamed aloud making everyone turn and stare at us in all directions.

I hated the attention.

"You know not everyone is seeking for eyes like you are right about now." I whispered in her ear as she brung me in for a hug.

"And you know I saw a cute guy looking at you from over by the entrance... And I think he's still there." She said making me turn my head to the entrance where there stood a handsome mid 20s guy. Dressed in a expensive black tuxedo, his musciline was seen from the tight shirt he had on. His dark blue eyes shined brightly in the light as so did his jet black jelled hair did as well, the hot dude seemed to be about around 6'3 if that.

"Yea he's still there, but he's not very important right now. I have to be in the ER in five so please excuse me attention seeker." I commented back to Natalie who responded by smiling and turning away. She knew I was playing around sometimes I feel like I'm being a little to harsh on her..

A light smile reached my mouth as I rolled my eyes and began walking towards the ER where I sat my things down in a chair seated by the door and began getting dressed in my daily life long working scrubs.

The doors suddenly opened and I turned around to meet those same dark blue eyes.

"Oh uhm patients wait at the front." I said looking over his attire while noticing he had no ring on.

That's good, maybe.

"Yes I'm aware." He said coldly with the most prettiest Italian accent. I rolled my eyes then grabbed my clothes placing them in a zip lock bag sitting them beside my purse.

"And this is why I'm still single." I commented to absolutely no one in particular.

"And why is that?" He asked with a smirk, leaning up against the door frame.

"Well for starters I don't like dating jerks like you- oh wait matter fact I really don't even like talking to jerks so if you'll excuse me I need to tend to a patient." I said walking past him. I gasped as he shut the door in front of me, him standing behind me. His breath tickling my neck and ears as he was so close I could feel his heat.

"Your different," he started. "But you have a beautiful ass even in these scrubs."

With that I turned around nearly bumping into him. I drew my hand back and slapped him as hard as I possibly could. The guy really thinks he can just step in here and tell me something like that!?