[15]

Just to let you guys know for background related knowledge . . . Meanie has changed just as Ryder have it hurt Melanie way more than Ryder but you can't tell because after Luca died she put on this mask around everyone. . . Ryder on the other hand couldn't it was to much to bare.

Melanie's POV

Chapter 15

"Melanie wake the fuck up." Ryder said nudging the side of my shoulder. Sitting up quickly as possible I hold my knife up against his throat. Since he was squatting down it was easier access. Pushing him down hard against the floor sitting on his chest while I slowly bent forward towards his ear.

"I'll awake when I want too, now Ryder, leave me the fuck alone."

"It's not ev- whatever, they found your cousin. She's wait-"

"She's not my family." I say getting off of him and noticing I was asleep on the grass outside. Sweet flowers filled me senses making me turn around and see the garden Luca used to take care of since his mother's favorite flowers were either white roses or sun flowers. "It all depended on her mood" I remember Luca telling me.

"Come on get dressed Catherines waiting for you outside."

I walk past him and into the house walking to my bedroom. Stopping on the second floor I see a blonde dressed in nothing but a red silky button up. Her makeup looked smudged and her hair looked messy. She looked pretty, very.

She was turned around closing Ryder's bedroom door quietly. Once she turned around and seen me her face turned a bit red. "Hi." She said looking down at her feet.

"Who the fuck are you?" I question.

"Uh I uh-"

"Spit it the fuck out."

"I'm with Ryder." She looked up with those same dark blue eyes Luca had. My jaw locked. So instead of saying something else I walked to my bedroom slamming it behind me.

I went through my wardrobe finding the only nice outfit for today.

Walking back downstairs spotting the girl nowhere in sight I meet Catherine outside

Walking back downstairs spotting the girl nowhere in sight I meet Catherine outside. Fuck oh how I wish I didn't have to do this shit right now. Ive waited 2 and a half years trying to find any relations to Arnold. And I found one so easily. This isn't making any sense.

My feet fucking hurt, I'm tired. . . I need alcohol. I get in the driver's seat waiting for Catherine to get in as well.

"Once we get to the office I want two margaritas and a beer."

"Yes ma'am."

"Boss." She corrects herself.

I smirk to myself seeing how she was scared for half a second after realizing she messed up. My frustrated mind goes back to the girl this morning. 'im with Ryder', she didn't hesitate she didn't think twice and she sure as hell didn't even give me her name. But those blue eyes. Yea they look exactly like Lucas but something about them made me feel uneasy.

I turn onto the gravel road heading towards the back of the office. Speeding down it feeling the rattle of rocks and such hit under. Pulling into the back alley of the office I put the car in park, grabbing the keys and getting out heading to the doors.

"Your husband told me to remind you about the ball tonight. . . He also said it was mandatory."

I think about how he worded it last night. Scoffing I ignore her and walk away. "Mrs. Russo." My assistant comes up beside me.

"She's in room 038." I nod then turn left on the hallway leading to that exact room.

"Don't be to hard on her I know how you get." I smirk stupidly thinking exactly how this is gonna go.

"Oh I'd do no such thing." I smile wickedly.

"She's your family dammit." He's the only one I'd let say something like that to me, he knows she's family and that I don't call Arnold's side family because of everything he's done. But his family died when he was 4 so he's tried to keep the rest of the family together so that it didn't keep anyone from going insane.

Weird but he has a point. Am I gonna tell him that? Fuck no.

"She's not my goddam family. . . Between you and my husband I'm getting tired of this shit."

"Speaking of that how is he your husband when he's going off with other women. And you fuck, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean, Richard." I sigh rolling my eyes at this sudden burst of concern.

"I mean Ryder called me last night talking about how you bring up his death so easily. You don't do that."

"Can you stop acting like you care?"

"Look im just tryin to look after yo-" 

I cut him off raising my voice way higher than before. "I don't need you or anyone else to 'look after me'!"

"Yea ok." He gives up scoffing before walking the other way just as I get to room 038.

Opening the door I find a girl sitting in the middle of the room tied to a metal chair with a black bag over her head. Her clothes looked like she had just been in a formal job interview. Not to mention the few prices of hair that was noticable. Her hair looked a little silky, her brown hair swayed in the air as she began screaming once she heard the door shut.

"PLEASE LET ME OUT OF HERE!" Her sobs filled the room.

Pulling a knife out of my jacket I hold it in my hands as I nod at a bodyguard standing behind her. He takes the bag off of her head revealing a beautiful yet deadly little bitch. I can sure see why mother hated her guts.

Her makeup was smeared and streamed down her face along with tears. One thing that stool out was her nose. The same nose Arnold has.

"Andrea! Long time no see." I put on that same wicked smile I had on earlier.

Her body stiffens and her face goes pale just as I her a faint rapid heartbeat.

"This is going to be fun." I say smirking.