I am a Queen

I was pacing back and forth around my room. I was so scared. I was going to become a queen, not only that but Queen of the SkyWings. I wasn't even to the full right age yet. I had my eyes closed then I felt two warm big talons wrap around my shoulders and pull me. I open my eyes to see Snake in front of me.
"Flamice.. It's time." He spoke. I felt my heart skip a beat. I was so scared but I nodded anyways. I gulped and he let me go. He walked down the hall. I just stood in the hall, thinking.
I am Flamice, daughter of Queen Thunder and King Blizzard. I am a hybrid. I am a princess. I was a princess. I will become Queen. I am Queen. I pledge my loyalty to Queen Thunder. I pledge loyalty to my tribe. I will fight for the SkyWings. I will fight with the SkyWings. I am the mate of Prince Snake. I am the wife of Prince Snake. I am going to be a mother. We are going to be parents. A leader fights for themselves, a strong leader fights for others. I am Princess Flamice of the SkyWings, I bow to Queen Thunder. I am Queen Flamice of the SkyWings, I bow to no one.
I walked down the hall as two guards bowed then pushed the door open. There it was, every SkyWing in a single place, the old SkyWing arena then hospital, then back to arena. Not anymore. Everyone was staring at me. I saw the crown. With Snake standing beside it. It was now, or leave the throne unclaimed. I slowly walked over to Snake, very slowly, SkyWings around me began to hiss with respect. The crown was mine, I had to take it whether I liked it or not. I stopped once I was in front of Snake. I smiled at him and he smiled at me. He held the crown my mother used to wear, I closed my eyes as he placed it on my head. I heard hisses and roars behind me, I knew it was out of respect. I turned around but I kept my eyes still closed. I felt Snake's warm heat move beside me.
"SkyWings! Loyal subjects! Meet your new Queen! Queen Flamice of the SkyWings! Survivor of the great attack! New leader of the SkyWings! First hybrid within years! First Animus within centuries! Let us hiss, roar, growl, flap our wings, and dance in celebration to our new Queen!" I heard Mercury yell from the podium on the other side of the arena. I hoped my eyes and I saw SkyWings dancing with each other. I looked at Snake. His brown and orange eyes, I love him, and my subjects deserve to know. I pulled my gaze away from him, I flapped my wings and flew up to the podium. I looked at Mercury. We shared a smile before I wrapped my wings around him in a hug.
"Thank you, thank you so much my old friend." I whispered in his ear.
"Anything for you Flamice, show them how your the best Queen that will ever go down in history." Mercury whispered to me. He slowly pulled away from our hug and walked away to join the partying SkyWings. I turned around and smiled.
"SkyWings! May I have your attention!" I yelled. All the SkyWings stopped, everyone stopped, including my friends I had invited. I gulped before finally speaking. "I am Flamice, daughter of Queen Thunder and King Blizzard. I am a hybrid. I am Queen. I pledge loyalty to my tribe. I will fight with the SkyWings. I am the wife of Prince Snake. We are going to be parents. I'm sure you all know the saying a leader fights for themselves, a strong leader fights for others. I will fight for all of you. I am Queen Flamice of the SkyWings, I bow to no one!" I said loudly. I gulped again as everyone stayed quiet. I looked around nervously before gently gripping onto my fattened belly.
After what I found an awkward moment of silence I heard hisses, roars, growls, wingbeats, and claps from all around the SkyWings. I gave one hard wingbeat of my own and everyone began to start dancing again. I felt very proud of myself. I was hoping my parents would be as well, if they were here. I heard wingbeats coming towards me and I saw Snake land beside me. He smiled at me and I smiled at him. I gently nuzzled his neck before looking down at all the dancing dragons. I saw my friends there dancing with each other while some SkyWings were trying to join them, they all seemed hesitant then looked at me, I gave a nod then they were all dancing like the SkyWings surrounding them. I couldn't feel more happy knowing all the support and help I would have as Queen, I didn't remember this for my mother's party when she defeated my grandma. Then again, she did do it only a few days after my hatching. I didn't even need to defeat my mother. All my worries began to fade away as I saw the SkyWings begin to rise up in the air and hiss as well as circle one another. I smiled at them then looked at Snake. He gave me what I needed, one nod. I began to beat my wings until I was high withy subjects. They all hissed, clapped, everything except roar.
"FOR THE QUEEN!!" They all shouted. Including my friends. I smiled and held up my non-alcoholic wine.
"FOR THE SKYWINGS!" I shouted back, hisses of respect surrounded me and I cleared my throat. And roared the loudest I could. The SkyWings roared with my but they couldn't be as loud as me so they kept their roars' volume to a minimum. I saw my friends roaring with them. I had never seen so much support in my life.
Just to think.. I used to be a Princess. I used to wonder what it's like to be Queen. I used to wonder who I would choose to be king. But not anymore. I am Queen. I am not a princess anymore. I am the one ruling the SkyWings. I am their Queen.