Snapchat
BabyTaeee is typing...
________________________

First Person POV

I sat on the edge of the hospital chair, hoping, praying.

Praying nothing will happen.

Praying he's ok.

He doesn't deserve this. I should be the one in that bed. I should be the one connected to all those obnoxious wires. I should be the one praying for my life.

But, instead, I'm here, praying for his life.

As I sat there, lying in my pile of thoughts, I was interrupted by my name being shouted. I look up.
Mom.

"I-is he ok??" I choke out, my tears battling their way out of my glassy brown eyes. My fingers mindlessly fidget with each other as I receive a calm response.

"I don't know.. they won't tell me anything."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY WONT TELL YOU ANYTHING?!"

"Baby, calm down. I'm sure he's fine."

"BUT HES YOUR SON!"

"Sweetie, please calm down!"

I freeze, staring at my mother with wide eyes. She didn't care if he was ok. She didn't care he's even in the hospital.
Rolling her eyes, she casually strolled past me as she exclaimed she was going outside to "relieve stress". I knew better though.

She wasn't staying.

Instead of making sure her own son was ok, she's visiting the one that caused this whole mess anyway. But before I could chase after her, my phone vibrated in the pocket of my worn down jean jacket. Jungkook. Perhaps he'll make me feel better.

I unlocked my phone as my heart raced. What should I say? Should I be straight forward and tell him what happened? Or should I just make casual conversation? So many options ran through my mind as I opened up our chat, reading the message
he sent me.

________________________

FluffyKookie
Hey, taehyung. I just wanna say I understand if
you don't want to talk to me anymore. Perhaps you found someone else that makes you happy? Idk. Maybe I'm overreacting. But I'm just really hoping you're ok. And safe.
Please, just message me if you're ok. I saw your story, and I got really worried. You don't even have your location on... I wish I could come by your place, maybe just us two could talk, sort things out and maybe get to know each other a bit better! Sorry if I bothered you.

________________________

Each sentence shattered my heart just a bit more. Did he really think I was ignoring him?
I quickly open up my keyboard to respond, until I see his bitmoji. Or, where his bitmoji should be. Instead, I see his story icon, the tiny picture immediately drawing out my curiosity.

________________________

My curiosity soon turns to anger as I stare at the picture

My curiosity soon turns to anger as I stare at the picture. Has he really found someone else? Did I mean that little to him..?

Maybe... I didn't mean anything to the boy, even after all the FaceTiming and countless flirting.