Chapter 6

Outside the compound:
The busy streets of New York silenced out the panicked chatter going around the avengers. Tony was out contacting everyone he knew, trying to locate and disable the bomb. Natasha and Sam were tense and had phones in their hands, busily texting important information to people you didn't know. Wanda and Pietro were chatting, this wasn't their first bombing, it wasn't yours either.

While the others were occupied with tracking and disabling the bomb, you notice a slightly grey cloud, growing bigger every second. "It's the bomb" you whisper to yourself, "TAKE COVER!!!" You yelled while summoning a forcefield, protecting you and other bystanders, along with some of the team. There was no explosion, except loud grunts of struggle coming from Wanda. "Y/N! HELP" she begged while shaking, she was using her powers to stop the bomb. You ran to help her, creating 4 layers of protection around the bomb, after it slowly started to break thru the protection, you raised it high into the air. Allowing it to explode, leaving nothing but a few floating embers.

"Oh thank god" Tony said with his hand to his heart, "you guys are AWESOME" he announced while coming in for hugs. People started to leave the scene and all was good, that was until you heard a deep, rough voice. "Hello triplets" it said in a thick Russian accent, as you turned around, you see a tall, familiar man holding up a gun to Wanda. You see him pull the trigger, without thinking you jump in front of her, feeling the pain of 2 bullets straight to your stomach. "Ah shit" you said before collapsing onto the floor, blood spilling everywhere. Natasha tackled the man and disarmed him, the rest of the team surrounded you, trying to save you. Bruce tied up a piece of cloth on you to stop the bleeding, but it won't help. You were later transferred to the New York Private Hospital, to the best room in the Tony Stark Wing.

3 days later
After hours of surgery, you finally woke up. You didn't know where you were or what happened. All you know is that you could feel a sharpening pain in the left side of your stomach. "y/n?" Wanda asked, "you're alive!" she gasped while coming in for a hug. "W-wanda?" you mumbled, "what happened" you asked while looking around the room. "you um- you took a bullet for me" she quietly said, looking at the ground. You felt your stomach churn, Wanda thought it was her fault. "Wanda, look at me" you said, "it's not your fault, i chose to take it." you said while giving her a soft smile, "who was that man" you asked. Wanda was surprised by your question, but answered accordingly.
"Sir Plakce" she said, looking at you knowing you knew who she was talking about. "where is he" you asked while you clenched your stomach, trying to stop the pain. "He's getting interrogated by Natasha" she replied, "Nat's terrifying when shes mad, he'll crack soon" she smiled while passing you some water. "I'm going to get Bruce, don't do anything stupid when im gone" She warned while heading out the door, "can't confirm i won't!" You laughed while grabbing your phone, it was now November 3rd. You got shot on October 31st, you hadn't waken up for 3 days. No wonder Wanda was worried. You felt a gush of wind, it was Pietro. "Y/N!!" He yelled while rushing into the room with some flowers, "thank god your alive" he laughed while ruffling your hair. He placed the flowers down then sat next to you, "Plakce cracked" he said, "meaning.." you asked, you didn't know what he meant. "He told Natasha everything, HYDRA enabled the bomb when they found out that the Maximoff triplets were together. They wanted to um" Pietro stumbled at his words. "They wanted to kill us didn't he?" You asked. "Yes, Tony, Sam, Steve and Clint are out on a mission taking down more of their bases." He said, then he pulled out a letter. "This is for you, from Tony and Steve. I'm not sure what it is but they asked me to give it to you" he smiled, "tell me what it is ok?" He said while walking out. "I'll get you some food, you seem hungry" he laughed while walking out.

You opened the letter. It read 'y/n maximoff - from Tony and Steve' on the outside. It was a fine paper card made from homemade paper and flower petals, it was sealed with a red wax stamp with a rose on it. You took a deep breath then opened it.

'Dear y/n,
We saw your powers in action a few days ago and thought that you would be an excellent addition to our team, considering that you have family in the avengers and everyone loves you, its clearly a great idea. We would be overjoyed if you joined us, we could get Natasha and Wanda to train you, you would train in magic and marshal arts, so you can take down any enemies. Of course, you do not have to accept this invite, we saw how fun you are and how brave you are when you took that bullet for Wanda. We know you are a great person and we do hope you'll join us.

Regards
Tony Stark and Steve Rogers'

——————————————————————
Author's note:
Hii! I have a break from school so I can write loads now! I love writing this ❤️❤️ just watched MOM for the 100th time and I cried my eyes out 😭 I was hoping Wanda would win lol. Tysm for reading! Byee ✌🏼