Part 6

Electra's POV

I don't know how long we were riding for  but it felt really long as he was going very fast. What is he so angry about? That I missed his dinner appointment, well I was working and where is he taking me at this hour.

"Mr. Miller please drive slowly" I said but there was no change. Really? How can he just ignore me like this... now I am getting angry. He is going to get us killed. What did I even do?

"Sir... please..." I tried the polite approach again. The main rule in business, even though you have deep rooted hatred in your heart... speak politely. And this time he listened but didn't slow down. He stopped the car altogether and before I could come out of the shock of full speed he quickly got out and opened my door and removed my seat belt and took my hand again.

He threw the car keys to valet and I got the chance to look at where we were. I have almost forgotten this place. It is my favourite restaurant. It is a small but really elegant and classy place. Dad used to take us here a lot. It has real good food but it is normally booked in advance. We used to come here for twins' birthday. I am surprised it is even open at this hour.

As we entered, someone took our coats and guided us to our booth. There was no one other than us. He pulled my chair and made me sit. If you ask me, I don't believe in chivalry but I have grown up with Harper mom, and she is very peculiar about etiquettes. I had no idea when I first met her, a seven year old girl but then I wanted to please her so I started to learn. She herself is from a really rich family. She is just too perfect, i could never impress her.

"Sir..." I called him but he was looking right in the menu. Oh gosh! What is this man?

"quickly look at the menu and order..." he just said and I sighed. I looked at the menu. I still remember what I used to eat here.... It was a special Lobster dish. They have amazing flavour in it... dad used to order it for me...and I just smiled... but my smile dimmed as the menu is completely different now... I guess it has been too long since I left. Dad... I miss you... where are you?

"Are you ordering or should I do it for you?" I am completely sad by now. I just forwarded him the menu and he sighed. He called the waiter and ordered stake and mashed potato and vegetables and I didn't object.

"How do you want your stake?" he asked and I replied with medium rare.

"What do you want for drink? Water or wine?" he asked.

"Wine" I really needed that now.

"Which wine? Or should I order it for you as well?" he said and now I am getting irritated. Not cool. Does he think I am some dumb girl who can't choose her own wine? Really?

"Actually, I don't want the stake." I looked at waiter and continued "I used to come here a lot in past. You used to have a unique lobster dish, is it still there?" I said and the waiter who was a young man gave me a big smile.

"Yes miss... it used to be the best seller. It is still there in the menu, just the name has changed. You must have come here few years ago" He said and I nodded and he wrote it down and I remembered how lonely I have become since I left. Five years...

"And I will have a glass of Chardonnay." I ordered the wine which goes well with my dish and he ordered his food and I looked at him. He is again looking angry.

"You used to come here before you left?" he asked and I nodded with a polite smile.

"With whom?" he asked. Why do I feel like I am being interrogated?

"With my dad" I replied and I don't know why but it felt like he was getting more and more angry. He gripped his water glass tightly.

"Did he teach you how to choose the wine as well?" he asked and I don't know why but I can feel like he had so many emotions in his voice. What is with this shift? Why is he asking about my dad?