Chapter 18

Two of the Black Brothers and all three of the Black sisters were sat in court, waiting for the trial of Hadrius Black to happen. Alongside them was the eldest member of the family, Arcturus Black, Harry's grandfather. Behind him was Orion and Walburga Black, Harry's parents. Next to them were the Black sisters parents AKA Harry's uncle and aunt.

There were many people sitting in the court room, including Lord Potter, Lady Longbottom, Horace Slughorn, Minerva McGonagall and Albus Dumbledore. Usually Dumbledore would have been the judge as he was chief warlock but he was removed for today due to a conflict of interest as he was Harry's headmaster and had been taken to court by Harry before. Mad-eye Moody was also there, providing security along with a few other aurors.

The court doors opened, the room temperature dropped, everyone could feel the dementors approaching. They looked towards the door, expecting the dementor guards to be dragging Harry into court, what they received…was something else entirely.

They were very surprised to see Harry piggybacking on a dementors back, with the other one just behind him to make sure he didn't fall off. The dementors glided to the middle of the room, where Harry jumped off the dementors back.

"Thank you" Harry thanked the soul sucking monsters "say hi to your mother for me" The dementors nodded and glided away, and took their positions just outside of the court room. Harry turned to look at the shocked court room. "Oh, hello"

"Mr Black, was that?" The judge asked

"That was me piggy backing on Johnny" Harry answered

"Johnny?" The judge raised an eyebrow

"Yes, Johnny, nice boy. Takes his jobs seriously, should probably promote him. Maybe give him an extra soul or two for his efforts, anyway, where do you want me?"

"Uh…just…sit in that chair" The judge gestured to the brown chair in the centre.

"Oh, okay" Harry calmly made his way to the chair and sat in it. Chains popped up from the chair and wrapped around Harry's arms and legs "Ooh, someone is into bondage"

"Mr Black" The judge read from a document that he was handed "you are currently on trial for your part in the mass murder of death eaters during the attack last Thursday. You have been charged with killing h….hundreds, you have been charged with taking hundreds of live, how do you plead?"

"Hmm, guilty in a way" Harry answered "I did take those lives but I do think I had good reason for doing so"

"Your honour" One member raised their hand "do we have an official number on the amount of lives lost?"

"No" The judge looked over his papers "apparently, there were too many to count and it was made more difficult due to the fact that not all of the bodies were intact"

"Ah, my bad" Harry apologised "I may have gotten a bit carried away"

"Just a tad bit, yes" The judge said dryly "Let's get on with this"

"You're honour" The current head of DMLE stood up "we've spoken to multiple witnesses and have taken pensive memories from them, which I will now show to the court. These memories also include the defendants memories and they have all sworn a magical oath regarding their sincerity"

"Very well, show the first memory" The judge said

The DMLE head started with a memory of the meeting where Harry had exposed Voldemort as Tom Riddle, everyone in the room was very surprised, none more so than Dumbledore. He didn't know how Harry had found out about Tom, he also wondered what else Harry knew. The memory ended when Harry had told everyone to stay and left with his bow.