11

I chose to sleep on the floor that night. I saw an opportunity, an advantage against his raging hormones that I could use as an escape or better yet, as a chance to get close enough to deal a killing blow.

I wasn't worried about Lilith or Axel, they were just dire rats an easy kill. I created a plan in my head, it was perfect. Get him off guard distracted by lust and place a blade from the kitchen deep into his neck. As I concocted my plan my mind kept floating to memories of the hospital. He cared for those wounded wolves, for those pups in the playroom. He cared about his mother reaching for things in cabinets she could not reach when she asked. On our way back there was a fallen bird nest with two peeping chicks within, he gently picked it up and placed it back into the tree.

He was dangerous, that he proved easily, but there was a part of him that was hidden deep down that only the two that raised him know about. That is what caught my attention. I wanted to know more. This varlet had more than just murder and consumption on his mind. And I was starting to crave it.

In the morning we all sat at the dinning table in the living room I suppose I earned table privileges again. Dies sat across from me his portion size triple all our serving sizes.

"Is there anyway I could help in the garden today?" I asked covering my mouth to prevent any crumbs from flying out of my mouth. I loved to garden back home, dad said it was a good thing having a green thumb as he did not.

Lilith perked her head quickly finishing her mouthful to respond," I don't mind, I could use the extra hands." She looked over at Dies I knew she was waiting for his approval. "Do you have anything to do today?"

Dies mulled over his breakfast before answering. " No I don't."

Lilith turned towards me her face full of glee usually asking for permission came from the child to parent, not the other way around.

We hastily cleaned up breakfast plates and pans. "Here, I was going to give this to you later but itll be better now, I finished it last night." Lilith hands me new pairs of clothes. She made this?

I went to the bathroom to change; it was a white top with olive green pants that went to my knees. Seems like this is the only fabric she must make human sized clothes from. Since I changed from my first set of clothes, I haven't had a bra luckily my bust was small enough that I did not need one. Unfortunately, the material Lilith makes the tops from is thin enough where if I were to get cold the world will know.

"It looks great on you! The measurements were perfect." Lilith said pulling at the fabric inspecting the seams.

"Thank you for this Lilith it fits great." The clothes were comfortable, better than some of the clothes I have at my home.

We walked from the bathroom. The front door was open, the chain guiding us outside. Following the chain it lead to Dies sitting in one of the yard chairs, it was crafted from wood no doubt Axel was the one who built it. Dies held onto my chain ensuring I wouldn't get very far if I ran. He stared at the ground absorbed in thought.

What was he thinking about? Was it of me, did he get these brief images of fantasy like I did of him? I was confused by my feelings but was I the only one feeling this way.

Lilith interrupted my train of thought by handing me a wicker basket. "We got lots to collect and lots of weeds to pull!"

I gave my response in the form of a smile and followed her, there were rectangle boxes built from wood containing bountiful plants within. I had to push aside the dense foliage to get to the soil where the annoying weeds sat. Lilith gathered the vegetables while I went behind her pulling the weeds.

The sun was bright and hot, but it beats sitting inside a cage waiting for my dad or his men to come save me.

Every so often I would sneak a glance at my captor, I didn't know this but slowly I was becoming his secret admirer.

"Im glad hes letting you help me out here." Lilith broke the silence of our work. "Maybe he'll let us show you the river, when it's a hot day like this the water always feels great."

"Sounds like a great idea." I wiped my forehead the sweat beading and beginning to drip towards my eyes.

"How come you have to ask for permission to do anything with me?" I leaned close saying it quietly to ensure he would not hear.

"Well, you are part of his plan and last thing I want to do is interfere with something he's been wanting his whole life."

Right, his plan to kill my dad and then me and most likely my whole village.

The entire interaction was cut off by a big rustle in the woods behind us. Immediately Lilith drops her basket and pulls at my arm, "Get back to the house quickly." She said with a quiet urgency. I dropped my basket and backed up till I was against the house, we were near the front door. Dies stood by the chair he was previously occupying.

"What is it?" I whispered.

"A wolf" Lilith responded

My heart dropped, was it another feral male that I had attracted

"Why cant we go inside, if it sees me.." I know Dies can handle the fight but if its avoidable then I rather the latter option.

"If you open the door the glamor breaks and it'll know the location of the house, which is worse."

The rustling gets louder till we can see the branches move. Out from the cluster of plant life comes a dark brown wolf, it had a slender waist and full hips it was a female.

I could see Dies perk up at the sight, was she already claimed?

She walked up to Dies wandering around him tracing a finger over his shoulders and back till she made her way to his front again.

"Seems like you don't have a mate yet? What's a big male like yourself doing still by himself hmm?" She stroked his chest with her pointer finger.

"you know our pups will be the strongest, and fastest out of all of them." She leans in a whispers something in his ear that I could not hear.

In response to that Dies grabs the scruff of her neck pulling her head back, the wild female was shocked I could see the pain in her face. He forcefully kissed her grabbing her breast with his free hand.

The female pushed him off, to prove her disgust she smacks him across the face. "What the hell is wrong with you!" She wipes her mouth before storming off. Leaving Dies where he stood.

Lilith and I shared the same facial expression, the secondhand embarrassment radiating off his body. I looked at Lilith hoping she could guide us out from this situation but it seemed like even she did not know.