12

Dies didn't come back inside the rest of the afternoon leaving Lilith and I to discuss what had happened that morning.

    "We didn't exactly teach him how to court females, how rats court and how wolves do is different. The mommy wolf groups I was in told me he would just figure it out, like it was instinctual." Lilith shrugged the end. "The wolf books I bought have no information on how to court just that it's the males job." I could hear the guilt in Lilith's voice.

    "Its not your fault, he could always ask another wolf to teach him." I consoled as best as I could.

    "Dies is not the type to ask for help dear."

    We sat on his bed, none of us were strong enough to lift the bed to replace the ring to my chain to its initial position. It was night already; I didn't realize we spent all day talking about Dies' rejection. When we heard the front door open. The topic we spent hours on suddenly did not exist anymore.

    Dies strolled into the bedroom encompassing the whole doorway. Shame radiated off him like the suns heat.

    "Im going to sleep." He cut in shutting off the lights.

    "Okay love, goodnight. Ill see you in the morning" She slid off the bed and made her way to the door. Her tiny feet pattering as she left.

    I scooted off his bed and headed towards my cage. Dies flopped into his bed sighing deeply. After few minutes of the quiet dark I broke the silence," So this morning..." I drifted my sentence.

    "What about it." Dies responded defeated.

    "Well it helps to talk about it. I mean reflecting is a great way of improving and you know me being a female too I can give pointers." I prayed he was willing to participate.

    "I don't need pointers she was too weak for me." He argued

    "Or you were too strong for her."

    "Too strong. All that matters is strength anything less is weakness, and that's what gets you killed." He sneered.

    "Bottling things up only hurts yourself." It was easy saying these things when it was pitch black with the only light coming from that little moon nightlight.

    "Im not bottling things up and I will not be weak for some female. Im done talking about this." I could hear the rustle of bed sheets as he rolled over. I guess this conversation was done.

    My eyes were heavy but I kept waking at what felt like every hour. Unknown as to why I kept waking I soon found my answer, Dies was tossing and turning mumbling incoherent words. Some sense told me he was having another nightmare, should I get Lilith.

    Before I could act on my decision Dies sat straight up his breath was heavy he was emitting a mournful groan.

    "Almost, almost there, I got a piece of him. Ill have all of him soon. Just have to wait, just have to wait." Dies whispered feverishly like the first night.

    I got up and strolled to the nightlight turning up the brightness so I could see. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, rocking back and forth with one hand scratching at the back of his head. "This will all stop when I see his life fade, almost there."

    "Dies... are you okay?" His back was facing me I went up to him with an outstretched hand aiming for his shoulder.

    "Dies.." my fingers made contact with him, his fur was soft. He stopped rocking and digging at his head.