he forgot to close the window

In the midst of Tommy's screaming, Techno doubled over with laughter. "This is just like a shitty horror movie!" He exclaimed, earning a dirty glare from Tommy. "I'm right, nobody can deny that."

And nobody attempted to, but nobody else laughed as the lights gradually began to restore themselves. The kitchen fell into an uncomfortable silence.

"Okay, everybody," Tubbo started. "Remain calm-"

"How?!" Tommy intercepted. "There's a whole ass demon outside our house!" The teens began to bicker, and gradually more people began to join in.

Ignoring everyone yelling around him, Techno casually pulled out his phone and started to write a text to his friend.

"yo dream," he greeted. "these guys think there's a demon outside our house lol wil did a really good job with this prank on toms" The aforementioned teen let out a shrill scream as the lights flickered again. "the lights r flickering too he pulled all the stops on this"

"lol wow," Dream responded. "he rly put a LOT of effort into this huh"

"yeah fr," Techno looked up to his family who had started to return to normal conversation, although the lights had gone out. "i think the lights just fully went out gtg"

Phil sighed. "I'm going to get flashlights from the storage room, you lot stay here, alright?" Tommy nodded as Phil disappeared into the dark hallway, terrified for what would happen to his father.

As a freezing breeze of air ruffled Tommy's hair, he remembered the window. The open fucking window. The window that had been letting the cold winds in. The stupid, open window.

The lights began to flicker back to life as Tommy rushed to the window. It felt so incredibly far away despite the fact that it couldn't be much further than ten meters. Ranboo took off after him, the flashing lights beginning to distort his eyesight.

Tommy felt like he was moving painfully slow. Ranboo felt like his vision was melting like wax, colours and lights blurring together as time seemed to slow down.

When Tommy finally made it to the window, he realized there was nothing he could do.

A clawed hand had grabbed the windowsill, and then another, and then a hooded head with demonic looking horns began to pull itself up and-

Tommy screamed and grabbed at Ranboo, desperately dragging him away from the window(and demon) and back to the kitchen, not bothering to turn around to see the tall figure entering the window through the flashing lights.

The moment Phil heard Tommy's recognizable scream, he sprinted back to his family. "Is everything alright?" He yelled.

"No!" Tommy sobbed. "Nothing is alright. Absolutely nothing !" He was shaking, still gripping tightly onto Ranboo, who had accepted this as his fate. "There's a fucking demon climbing through our fucking window!"

Ranboo nodded. "It looked like the thing Tubbo and I saw that chased us here." The lights continued to flicker as Phil quickly realized that he hadn't gotten the flashlights. Shit.

In between the flickering lights and swift glances to the window, Tommy saw the demon rise to its full height, and slowly began to walk its way over to everyone in the kitchen.

Until the lights went out, leaving them in complete darkness, not even the seemingly glowing white eyes of the demon able to be seen. The house became entirely silent besides heavy breathing and panicked breaths, not even the possible footsteps from the demon echoing in the large home.

"I'm going to get flashlights," Phil whispered. "Stay here until I get back."

"I thought you went to get them already?" Tommy whined, and if the lights had still been on, he would've been able to see the eye roll Phil gave him as he walked back off to the storage room.

A light touch brushed against Tommy's back and he screamed until Ranboo softly whispered. "That was just me, sorry..."

"Prick."

Eventually, Phil came back with a grand total of three flashlights! Three flashlights. Three flashlights... There was a total of six people(and one demon) in the house.

"This isn't enough flashlights," Techno pointed out, startling Tommy who had forgotten he was there. "There's six of us." Thanks Captain Obvious.

"No shit, Sherlock," Tommy muttered under his breath. "Are we gonna have to group up?"

Phil sighed again . "Sure, Tommy. We can split into pairs, one flashlight for each pair."

"That definitely isn't what happens in literally every horror movie ever," Tubbo chimed in, his voice all too cheery for the predicament they were in.

Wilbur glared at Tubbo. "Tommy's not that stupid-"

"Let's pair up, then!" Tommy cut in, unsurprisingly being that stupid. Wilbur dropped down and buried his face in his hands at his brother's idiocy. This is not going according to plan at all.

"I'll go with Wil," Phil said, causing Wilbur's face to go sheet white. Oh, he is going to be so pissed with me. "Techno, you can go with Tubbo. Tommy you're with Ranboo."

Everyone seemed fine with the arrangements besides Tommy, who began to loudly whine and voice his displeasure. "Why do I have to be with Ranboo ," he drawled.

"We're not arguing this right now, Toms," Phil said, handing him and Techno a flashlight. "Stick with your buddy, I'm going with Wil to try and fix the lights."

"We'll stick around the kitchen," Tommy started, instantly getting that plan shut down by Phil.

"I do not trust you around knives."

"Why not ," Tommy cried. "I'm the most trustworthy guy out there! They even call me Tommy Trusty!"

Phil put his hand on his forehead. "You are an idiot child, Toms, and Ranboo isn't much older than you. It would be for the best if Techno and Tubbo stayed in the kitchen, if anyone is to ."

Techno and Tubbo both agreed with that, deciding they would bunker down in the kitchen with all the shit that could be used as a weapon. Through a large amount of arguing and begging and whining, it was finally decided. Phil and Wilbur would go down to the basement to turn the power back on, Techno and Tubbo would remain in the kitchen and turn it into a headquarters of sorts, and Tommy and Ranboo would go check upstairs for anything suspicious or paranormal.

As the third duo solemnly walked up the stairs, flashlight in Ranboo's hand despite Tommy's best efforts, Ranboo started to talk.

"This is just like Buzzfeed Unsolved-"

"Shut the fuck up."