wilbur: phil please this is not /j

There always seemed to be something wrong with this house, Wilbur noted, walking down the seemingly endless hallway that led to the basement door. Phil always brushed it off when he had asked about it, and eventually he just stopped seeing it as abnormal.

Maybe it wasn't normal to others, but it was to him. So what if Wilbur's normal was skewed? He himself still had a strong sense of reality despite the occasionally trippy hallways.

At least, he had had a strong sense of reality. Not this night, however. Tonight was the night where the impossible became possible. Hell, a fucking demon broke into their home and now he's going to the basement to turn the power back on because his dad had decided that everyone was going to separate as if this was some horror movie.

Wilbur took a deep breath. "Phil, I need to talk to you about the-"

"It's okay, Wil!" He assured, slightly easing the brunette's heart. "I know this is a prank on Tommy, I won't tell him," and Wilbur's heart dropped .

"No, Phil, this isn't a prank! This is all real!" Phil laughed at that. Fucking laughed. "Stop laughing! This is fucking serious!"

"You don't have to keep the bit up around me, mate," Phil said with a warm smile that only a caring father would give. Normally Wilbur would appreciate it, but this was the only time it needed to be something different. Even a frustrated glare and some cold words would be better right now. "You clearly put a lot of effort into this, I'll keep playing along."

Silently, Wilbur cursed his overly caring father and his obliviousness. "Thanks, Phil," he said after a beat. Probably not the best thing to say.

Now Wilbur was stuck in even deeper mud. Tommy knew the demon was real and was terrified , and Phil thought it was a fucking prank. Sure, Wilbur had pulled shit like this before, and he had gone all out in his pranks, even getting Tommy's friends involved to really sell the effect.

Wilbur was beginning to feel like the boy who cried wolf.

Fuck.

Phil gave him another smile and then opened the door that hid the staircase to the basement, a place that had been forbidden from entering after Tommy made his way there as a toddler and started eating inedible objects. The hospital bill had been a hefty one.

Deep down, as the power refused to turn back on, Phil was feeling heavy dread. He knew this was nothing more than a prank, a little joke for Wilbur to scare his brother, but it was going a bit far.

The basement was almost entirely empty, besides the electrical panel and, oh, that's where the Monopoly box went. That was probably the only normal thing going on at the moment. Nothing was wrong in the basement, sure, it felt darker and more sinister than usual, but that was probably because of the power outage.

Or maybe it was the glowing white eyes in the corner of the room.

Startled, Phil whipped the flashlight in the direction of where he saw them, but nothing was there. He sighed in relief. Must have been my imagination .

Neither Techno nor Tubbo thought that the 'demon' in the house was something to worry about. They had knives, what did the demon have? Magic? What's that going to do against a fucking knife?

"Do you believe in the paranormal?" Techno asked, genuinely curious to know Tubbo's opinion.

"Nah," Tubbo laughed. "Ranboo does though, he's really into paranormal shit. I think he watches too much of that show on youtube. Y'know, the Buzzfeed one?"

Techno nodded. "I don't think shit like demons are real. Ghosts are different to me, they seem more possible."

Tubbo hummed. "That's an interesting view. Normally people are either yes or no so it's nice to hear something new. Tommy is terrified of ghosts, absolutely cannot handle horror movies if there's anything REMOTELY related to the paranormal."