I Need a Plan

POV: Annabeth

I was dreading going back to school. I didn't want to see Luke or Percy.

I'm also still pissed at Thalia for not warning me.

Luke treated me like shit. I wasn't allowed to wear certain things and he would absolutely lose his shit if he saw another guy talking to me. It came to a point where I couldn't hang out with my friends. I could only hang out with him.

But the worst part about the whole thing was that I loved him. I was blind to everything he did to me because he was my first love.

In the beginning it was amazing. We were the couple that other couples were jealous of, but then it changed.

I didn't need him to buy me flowers and chocolate. I didn't need him to take me to expensive restaurants. As a matter of fact I didn't want that. All I wanted was him. I wanted him to be there for me. Treat me as an equal. Actually treat me like he loved me.

He cheated on me twice. The first time should've been a warning for me. I was so hurt the first time that I stayed in my bed for 2 days and watched the Titanic over and over again. He then came over to my house with flowers and chocolate. He promised to never hurt me again. He said he would do better. He apologized for everything he did. He said he would treat me the way I deserved to be treated.

I was blind to his obvious lie. Like I said he was my first love.

His promise lasted about a month. He went back to normal and then cheated on me again.

At the time I didn't see that it was a blessing in disguise. I mean, how could I? I was cheated on.

Luke stopped coming to school. Turns out he moved to New York. And that's how our relationship ended.

I cried for weeks. Then Thalia moved and so did Piper. 

After Luke I didn't date anyone. I became an introvert. Helen noticed and that was what really put the whole move in motion.

_______________________________________

I walked to school again because Helen had the car, but I didn't mind. I like to walk.

I arrived at school and went to the library. I learned my lesson yesterday.

I read for about an hour until heading to my locker which was where Piper, Thalia, and Hazel said they'd meet me.

They were waiting for me when I arrived. I was planning on giving Thalia the silent treatment but decided against it. Instead, I vocalized my anger "Why didn't you tell me Luke goes to school here?!?" I asked Thalia.

"We didn't tell you because it was already your first day at a new school and we didn't want make you even more scared" I guess that made sense. I was still annoyed, though.  

We were talking about our plans for after school. Then came a lot of commotion down the hall.

Percy Jackson had arrived. His limp was more distinct and he had a black eye. He was leaning on Grover for support.

All of that somehow went unnoticed by the flock of girls and boys swooning over him. They were all giggling and fanning their faces. Cringe AF. It was like one of those really bad highschool rom com movies from the 90s and early 2000s. It was basically Mean Girls and Percy was the male Regina George.

The rest of the group joined Percy and came over to my locker.

Some of the guys had their own little fan club but it was mostly Percy oriented.

It didn't help matters much that Piper would glare at any girl who even looked at Jason. They aren't officially together, but they also aren't seeing any other people. Hazel and Frank have gone on a couple of dates, so that's just a matter of time.