Et tu Brute? Et tu?

POV: Percy

Telling Annabeth all about the shit that happened with Calypso made everything worse. Telling her close to the whole story made me relive it.

Again.

Before she walked in I was high as a kite. Even when we began talking I was crazy high but the minute she asked what happened I snapped out of it.

She left when the next period started but I stayed. I stayed the whole day until I was caught and sent home.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I got word from the hospital that my mother wasn't doing well.

Considering the fact that Gabe never picks up when the hospital calls they told me to tell Gabe and he didn't take it very well. He loved my mother. I think. He wouldn't be paying for her hospital bills if he didn't have any love or even respect for her. Right? I guess, it could also be the empath in me that wants to believe that Gabe deep down or long ago was an actual human being.

When he found out he lost his shit. I wonder if that really has anything to do with my mother. Maybe he'll miss me. Don't worry I'm not naive. I hate him too. I just wonder if he'll miss his personal anger relief dummy. Or maybe he thinks I'll go to the police. However, he won't ever get to miss his personal anger relief dummy. He won't ever get to miss my mother. My mother isn't going anywhere. I would take being immortal and living with Gabe for the rest of my life over losing my mother. She is worth it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I've been ignoring Leo since the party. I haven't spoken one word to him. He hasn't talked to me either. He hasn't even tried to apologized. As far as I'm concerned he just thinks I have a stick up my ass.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's Nico's birthday this weekend and Will wants to throw him a surprise party. Originally I thought that was the worst idea ever. Sneaking into a gothy teens house and scaring him. I figured that'd make him more mad than happy but Will has his heart set on it so I'm helping out as much as possible. I swear, it feels like there are parties every day in my friend group. I just hope this one turns out better than the last. Considering everything that has been going on I doubt that that's gonna happen.

The party is supposed to be chill. Just some movies, some games, hopefully not truth or dare, and snacks. It should be fun. Key word: should.

After my talk with Annabeth things have been awkward between us. Really awkward. It's mostly me though. She talks to me and smiles. I mostly respond but not in the same tone or mood. I know it's unfair for me to avoid her just because she knows what the rest of the group already did. But I can't help it. It's not because I'm embarrassed. I just don't know how to move on with my fake girlfriend after basically telling her or implying that I still kinda love my ex.

Annabeth is cool. Really cool. I like her a lot. But there are a lot of factors. For instance: we are in a fake relationship, she hates me, And I still love Calypso.

I know we will never go anywhere anyways. As soon as the break-up date arrives we'll be done. Once we graduate we will probably never see each other again. I'm just a pawn in her game and she's one in mine. I'm not proud of it but it's the truth.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

How did I get roped into this whole thing?!