The Proposal

POV: Annabeth

I'm crazy. I'm officially crazy. Mentally insane. Psycho. The fact that I'm even thinking about this proves that.

Percy Jackson is king. Not in my world. But in the school world. He is worshipped. He is respected by almost all. Loved my many. Very many.

But most importantly, for me at least, Luke respects him. In, like, a major bro code way. I didn't even know they were friends.

Luke doesn't date any girl that Percy has dated. And since Percy has dated practically every girl in school. Luke only dates outside of school.

I mean, seriously. Does Percy even like him? I didn't even know they talked.

You're probably wondering why I am talking to you about this. Well, you see, Luke has been harassing me every single day.

He won't stop flirting with me. He won't stop making eyes at me from across the room. He keeps putting notes in my locker.

I thought we were ancient history. I thought he had forgotten about me entirely. As far as I was concerned he was dead.

I've tried everything to get him to stop talking to me but nothing works.

Luke is an asshole. He gets into a lot of fights. And the only person who can ever stop them is Percy. Or the principal, Zeus, I guess.

My point is that if Luke sees me with Percy he'll back off. Hopefully.

Sadly there are a couple of snafus with this "plan". 1) I hate Percy. 2) The thought of people thinking that I like Percy disgusts me. 3) Percy doesn't exactly like me either.

Percy hasn't ever really done anything bad to me. I just don't like his player life style. So I have to think. Who do I hate more Percy or Luke?

Luke. Hands down.

Am I willing to hang out with Percy to get Luke to stay away from me?

I guess.

Ok, now that that's settled. How the fuck am I supposed to get Percy to agree with my plan.

And if you haven't already caught on my plan is to fake date Percy so Luke backs off. Shit.

I need Piper's help.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's a Sunday so I raced to Piper's house. I debated talking to Thalia but decided against it. She would probably talk me out of trying.

The more I think about it the crazier I sound. And feel. I just can't have Luke be near me. He makes me remember everything. Everything he ever did to me. All of the shit I went through because of him. He hurts me in a way worse the physically hurting me. I just have to get him away from me. And I am willing to give up my pride and morals as long as he stays away. Percy and I only have to fake date at school that's it. We don't even have to be around each other much.

I'm getting ahead of myself. He might not even say yes. He probably won't say yes. I definitely wouldn't if he asked me. Shit. I need Piper.

I took out my spare key to her house and ran upstairs to her room. Yes, that's just how close we are.

The light was off so I figured she wasn't here or was sleeping. Until I heard a voice croak out "H-h-hello"
She was crying. "Hey Pipes, what's wrong?" I made my way to the bed carefully removing the tissue boxes and the other stuff from her bed. "N-nothing" I sat down. "Come on, you can tell me. What's wrong?"