The Story

POV Annabeth

Tears were streaming down Percy's face when he left.

He was a mess.

A broken mess.

So was Calypso.

I was surprised that she cheated on him. I had no idea.

Hazel tried comforting Calypso. But what do you say to your friend who cheated on your other friend? It's okay? I don't think it is. You shouldn't feel bad? You should.

I guess I don't know the whole story. Percy could have treated her badly, I guess. It just doesn't sound like him. But maybe.

Even though he is my fake boyfriend I still don't really like him. I just hate him less.

I don't know the full story. But if I don't find out soon I'm pretty sure my head will explode. It seems like a pretty fresh wound.

Calypso pushed Hazel away and ran to the bathroom.

We all looked at Leo. He scratched the back of his neck and chuckled. "What?"

Jason scoffed. "You! Are! Such! An! Asshole!" He yelled "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

"Oh please, you asked him personal questions that you knew would make him uncomfortable. You were being nosey. I know I screwed up, ok?! Can we just forget about it?!" Leo replied.

"What I did was different! He is lying to us! I know it! The fact that you brought this up proves that you are heartless! You know what she did to him! What?! Did you do this because he embarrassed you in a game you wanted to play? Or was it because you want to be with Calypso? Because if that's so, you just ruined your chances!" Jason yelled

Both Jason and Leo's faces became red. The rest of us were just staring back and forth between the two of them. "ARE YOU SERIOUSLY CALLING ME HEARTLESS?! YOU ARE GOING ON A DATE WITH SOMEONE YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE. YOU HAVE BEEN HEAD OVER HEELS FOR," He glanced at Piper "SINCE THE THIRD GRADE! AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF THE PERSON YOU ARE GOING ON A DATE WITH IS YOUR SISTERS FUCKING CRUSH! SO TELL ME! WHO'S THE HEARTLESS ONE HERE?!" Leo yelled.

Reyna and Thalia kept sneaking glances at each other but they were primarily glaring at Leo. Piper looked like she was going to punch Leo in the face. Jason too for that matter. "I-" Jason began before I interrupted "Holy Shit, don't you guys see? You are both fucking heartless!" They suddenly became very interested in their feet. "How bout instead of arguing try and fix your problems. Leo, start thinking of ways to apologize. And Jason, you know what you have to do."

For the rest of the night we all tried to pretend everything was okay. We plastered smiles on our faces and mustered up some laughs but you could tell the dread and guilt was starting to get to both Leo and Jason. Percy, Thalia, Reyna, and Piper can all be very intimidating if need be.

Calypso stayed in the bathroom for a while before coming out and leaving. You can't blame her. Everyone has tried to repress what happened. Leo bringing it up tonight brought a lot of unwanted attention to the situation. Let's just say that in the foreseeable future Leo isn't going on a date with Calypso.

Percy wouldn't answer his phone for the rest of the night. Or the next day. He also wasn't at school. He didn't talk to any of us during the weekend.

Then he showed up on Monday.

We hadn't discussed anything about our fake relationship in a while. I wasn't sure where we stood.

I met up with the group by my locker. Percy hadn't arrived and class was starting which meant he probably wouldn't.