Welcome Home, Dad

POV: Annabeth

It's starting to get colder and colder. I had to walk to school again because none of my friends could give me a ride. I went really early today.

My dad is supposed to come home in 2 days and Helen is going crazy. So naturally she wanted me out of the house.

It's kinda cute how excited she is. She's cleaned the whole house about 5 times. She went shopping for the twins. She wanted to buy them new clothes. She can't wait. I, on the other hand, can wait.

As cute as I think it is under certain circumstances I don't love the fact that Helen feels like she has to clean the house and go to the salon. Who knows, maybe she wants to. It just seems like a massive stereotype. The husband is barely home, and doesn't do anything when he is, yet the other family members act like he's the king. It may work for some families. It might even work for the rest my family but it doesn't work for me.

I treat my dad the way he deserves to be treated and also the way he treats me. I'm not mean to him and he isn't mean to me. We just don't hang out much. I like to play it off as my choice but it isn't. A part of my dad, I know, feels guilty about missing everything. With the twins. He won't admit it but I know he thinks our relationship is a lost cause. He buys me books and that's about it. I know he's the "bread winner" of the family or whatever but I would rather have my dad than all of the stuff he buys me.

I think it's good that the twins think so highly of their father. Maybe the novelty will wear off eventually for them (like it did with me) but they should never have to feel the way I feel. They should never have to feel like a burden.

Unlike my father I don't think our relationship is a lost cause. I think it can be repaired if we both try. But he won't. And I gave up a long time ago.

I know I've been giving out a lot of mixed signals. Do I love my dad? Do I hate my dad? To be totally honest I'm about as curious as you.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Once I got to school I went straight to my locker. I grabbed my books and closed it. Only to be met by Luke Castellan.

"Hey, Annie." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Don't call me Annie." I said in a deadly tone.

"Awwww come on, don't be like that. I know you still love me." He still had his stupid smirk on his face.

"Go fu-" I began only to be interrupted by a certain green eyed captain of the football team.

"Hey Luke, I just talked to the coach. And I can't tell you how happy she is that you offered to clean the boys locker room. And shower, of course. I just find it cruel that the maintenance staff would have to wash the smelly, sweaty, and let's face it overall disgusting locker room." Percy winked at me "Oh and thanks for keeping my girl company. You can go now." While Percy was talking he circled around and stood next to me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and waved Luke off. I could see the horror on Luke's face and he quickly left.

I chuckled. "Thanks."

He sighed "No problem."

I turned to look at him and our eyes met. He still had his arm around my waist. After about a minute I cleared my throat. "Come on, let's go to class." He took my books from me and held my hand. And this time I didn't blush as much. It almost felt normal. Comfortable.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Percy didn't sit with us at lunch. He said he was busy with Nico's party. Leo, Calypso, Grover, and Juniper we're MIA too. And Nico and Will didn't have lunch with us.