𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚢

June 4th 817 (Fei Hong pov)

It was currently midnight, I made a small campfire since it gets chilly at night. While I look at my map, the horse is eating food from my free hand.
It looks like I could be able to arrive during the afternoon tomorrow if I leave early. Oh well, I'll just get my beauty sleep now and try to wake up early..

June 5th 817 [Fei Hong pov]

Luck was on my side and I actually woke up when the sun was rising! I took a quick snack and gave the horse a bit of water before I hop on its back. Thankfully today wasn't as hot as yesterday, it was quite nice with the small breeze. But I have a gut feeling that something is watching me.. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid!

''Aah only a few miles left and I'll arrive'' I say as I ride onto the horse's back at full speed.
''Oh! I think were here!'' I say happily and stopped in front of the big red gates. The door opened.. And a guy probably close to my age greeted me. ''Oh! You must be lady Fei Hong?'' The boy asked with a hint of excitement. ''Yes that is me'' I replied, hopping of the horse's back. He gently took the leach of the horse and handed it to a guard behind him. I freezed when he was about to take my hand.. Why do I feel like someone is aiming at me?.. I quickly reacted and kicked up a wooden plank while arrows where shooting! ''Mister! Hold this plank for me real quick!'' I yelled getting my bow out and went out of protection and aimed at the ennemie. I luckily was able to shot him right in the heart.. I huffed and looked back at the guy. ''Alright it's safe now'' He looked at me with shock in his eyes. ''Woah, you're pretty cool miss'' He said with amazement in his voice. ''Thank you sir.'' I blushed a bit from the compliment. ''I'll tell the guards about this. Then I'll escort you to the emperor's headquarters.'' He quickly said while running to a guard telling the situation. I sighed and followed this strange boy.

The citizens here looked like they where preparing a festival? ''Here my lady, these parts are quite crowded. Wouldn't want you to be lost.'' He said while offering his hand. I took his hand while he continued to guide us through the crowds. While we walk I take notes of his features. He has a nice built body, with black messy hair and freckles all over his face.
We enter a big building full of guards, this must be where the emperor is.
We go to the garden and he let's go of my hand so I can go see the man drinking tea.

''Ah I see you've finally arrived, Fei Hong.'' He looks to be in his 30s like emperor Haoto. ''I hope you're travels were safe.'' He said with a soften face. ''Well kinda, until I got here.'' I said scratching my arms awkwardly. ''Mm some guards informed me about the attack.. They're from the Nan Yin empire.'' He said frowning. ''You can sit down you know'' He said smiling up at me. In embarrassment I quickly sat down infront of the emperor. ''Those men have been after me ever since the temple was attacked..'' I quietly say while glancing at the boy who escorted me, watching us from afar. ''It's not really surprising that they are.. They've been after the people of Xahan for a decade now.'' For a decade? Who are they really?.. And how did they even find me..?

''Don't worry too much about them..'' He said, breaking my chain of thoughts. ''Since I haven't introduced myself, my name is Qianfan, Emperor of Zhong Lao.'' He said with a bright smile. ''Fei Hong from Xahan Dynasty.'' I don't even know why I said that.. I've never even been to Xahan.. But Haoto said I was from there so I suppose I am. ''We're actually having a festival tomorrow night. It's a tradition for what Xahan did for us, it would be an honour for you to be present.. If you can stay until then.'' The man said with a bit of hope in his voice. I mean it's not like I'm in a hurry to go to Xahan. I'm sure it'll be fine to stay until the festival is over. ''I wouldn't mind staying until the festival is over.'' I gave my answer after some thinking. He smiled brightly and said ''Excellent, Xiyang over there is going to be your bodyguard until you leave, if you don't mind of course. He'll escort you to your room, there's already a dress for when it'll be the festival.'' Wow he's very generous. I gave him a smile with a thank you, and walked over to 'Xiyang'. ''Are you ready to go to your room lady Fei Hong?'' He asked while we started to walk again. I nodded. ''Here is you're room.'' He told me while opening the door.
It's a pretty decent room. Actually really decent, wow. Everything in the room is neat and clean. There's a small table on the left with snacks ready. And a balcony with a really good view of the city! ''Woah, this is very beautiful'' I mumbled looking around the room even more. Xiyang chuckled and told me that he would be right outside the door if I needed him.
I took of the scarf of my head since no one was around and flopped onto the soft bed. Since I wanted to be comfortable while sleeping I took off my armour, shoes and cape. Now I can sleep in heaven.

June 6th 817 [Fei Hong pov]

I suppose I was really tired. It was already noon. I slipped out of bed and put my shoes and clothes back on. Not my armour since I'll catch unnecessary attention. I quickly hide my hair in the white fabric and opened the door to see Xiyang again. ''Good morning sleepyhead.'' He bluntly said ''Good morning to you too.'' I say with the same tone of voice. ''Come on we gotta get you another scarf and food on the way.'' Another one? ''It's to match with the dress tonight.'' Oh right the festival is tonight. ''Alright fine, lead me to where I need to go.'' I said yawning while he starts dragging me outside of the building.

''Here, this red one should match with it.'' He says giving me the scarf. ''I haven't even seen the dress yet.'' I mean I say some red clothes next to the bed in my room, but I didn't look at it. ''It's fine, I already saw it and I know it'll look perfect together.'' He says while giving the owner some money. ''Let's go to the food markets, you must be starving.'' He grab's my hand again, leading me through the streets.

''Mm what is this called? It's good!'' I squealed while devouring this delicious meal. ''It's called miànchà.'' Xiyang responded while chuckling. ''Finish eating, then we'll go back to the headquarters.'' He says staring at me. I felt my face getting warmer under his gaze. Why is my heart pounding so fast? What is this feeling..?

[Time skip to back at the quarters]

Aah finally time to put on this 'dress'. I quickly undress and put on the black and red fabric. It's surprisingly quite beautiful to be honest.

I just need to hide my hair and then I can go join the emperor and Xiyang

...

''Aah there's so many people.'' I barely shout looking at the people from below. ''You can go join them if you'd like.'' Qianfan offered me. ''And Xiyang doesn't have to go with you.'' He said smiling. I mean I wouldn't mind walking around alone. ''Yeah sure I'll go alone.'' I say taking my leave from the balcony.

Okay yeah it's really crowded here. But there's music and a lot of food! Oh there's also dancer's over there. Maybe I could join them, that seems fun. I walked past people and made my way towards the dancers. Some lady gave me two swords since that was the type of dance they did here apparently, and softly nudges me into the circle of dancers. As soon as I enter the circle, all of the shyness left my body and I started moving my body with the flow of the music. The cheers are getting louder as I dance with the other girls. I start twirling in a circle whilst looking at the stars up in the sky. I feel so happy right now..

𝐸𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6