𝚇𝚊𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝙳𝚢𝚗𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚢

June 7th 817 [Fei Hong pov]

I'm already on the road to Xahan. Thankfully it's not as far from Zhong Lao. Just a couple of miles away..
I honestly don't know if I should feel excited or something negative. I just have a bad feeling in my guts..
At least it didn't hurt as much when I left Xiyang, even tho I'll miss him. But leaving Shirasaki hurted wayyy more, maybe because I stayed there longer..?
Oh well, I'll just hurry to go back home.

I think this is it. The gates of Xahan Dynasty.. I hoped off my horse and tie the leach on a tree near by. I hesitated on taking my scarf off but did it anyway. I carefully approached the gates and knocked on it.. Its opened? I slightly push It enough for me to pass through.
''Where is everyone?'' I mumble to myself, looking around. There was nothing but houses and a castle here.. no sign of society.. ''Hello!? Is anyone here!?'' I shouted.. I continue walking around until I saw...

''Blood..? It looks so old..'' I say while shaking.. ...please.. don't tell me..
I quickly run to where it seems like a cemetery. I froze.. All of these have the same date!.. ''801..They're all dead..'' I muttered. The sky is getting grey again. I can't breath..

As the rain starts pouring down little by little, I read the three graves that engraved 'Hong'.
It wrote my name..? And what could've maybe been my parents..

The tears finally drooped just like the rain.. And then I fall to my knees, sobbing into my hands..

June 8th 817 [no one's pov]

The rain finally stopped. The sun was out, the birds were singing. But Fei Hong continued to lay there infront of the graves, with an empty on her mind. She didn't have the energy to get up and leave.. But suddenly, a little bird landed in front of her face. But what really got her attention was a rolled paper attached onto it's leg. She gently took the paper off it's leg before it flew away. She opened it, and it wrote:

'Dᴇᴀʀ Fᴇɪ Hᴏɴɢ, ʙʏ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ᴀᴛ Xᴀʜᴀɴ Dʏɴᴀsᴛʏ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴡʜᴀᴛ Empero Qɪᴀɴꜰᴀɴ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ.
ⵊꜰ s, ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ...
ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴsɪʙʟᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴅᴇᴄʟᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴡᴀʀ sᴏᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴀʟʟɪᴇs Xᴀʜᴀɴ. W ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴀᴛʟʟᴇ. ⵊꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ, ᴘʟᴇᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ Sʜɪʀᴀsᴀᴋɪ s sᴏᴏɴ s ᴘᴏssɪʙʟᴇ.

-Wᴀɴ Hᴀᴏᴛᴏ.'

Fei quickly got up on her feet's without thinking and ran to her horse, untying the leach. She hopped onto it's back and rode the horse at full speed, taking short cuts to get there quicker. ''This should at least take two days this way.'' The girl mumbled not even caring to hide her hair.
It was morning by now, she took a break to eat and for the horse to gain it's energy back. Tho she'll need to be on road again, since the emperor didn't mentioned when it'll start.. She was pacing back and forth letting her anxiety take over. She decided to sit down after a while and rest for a bit.

Now she's on the road again, taking short cuts here and there. She could only hope that the war hasn't started yet. She wanted to avenge her people...

[Fei Hong pov]

I finally got on the path close to Shirasaki, I was able to see the gates from the distance. In excitement to see the others I rode faster to the gates. In a matter of time I enter the gates. I went to where I spotted the emperor and hopped off my horse. ''You're finally here Fei. I'm sorry about what happened..'' Emperor Haoto said with sadness. ''If you wanna see Li Wei she's by the training grounds with general Jungeng.'' He mentioned. I bowed a bit and ran to the training grounds.

''Li Wei!'' I shouted running towards her. She turned to me with wide eyes, and I jumped into her arms for a hug. She hugged back tightly.. ''Oh Fei.. I'm so sorry..'' she quietly said. I felt tears threatening to fall. ''It's okay, you can let it out..'' I started crying uncontrollably in her arms, while she tells me nothing but sweetness into my ears.

When I finally stopped crying, Li Wei letted go and placed her hands on my cheeks softly. ''It's okay.'' She whispered. General Jungeng and some other men's were watching the scene from behind Li Wei. They quickly looked away except for Jungeng. He slowly approached us, and to our surprise he pulled us into a group hug. ''Stand tall soldier.'' He whispered down on us. Me and Li Wei giggled in response. ''Shì de, shì de..'' I say calming down.

['是的' also known as 'shì de' means 'yes'. Sorry if I'm wrong!]

We stopped hugging after a while and I turned to Jungeng asking him ''When is the war starting?'' His face turned stern in a matter of seconds. ''It's in three day's..'' The man said quietly. ''With that time you can rest a bit, or train if you wish too.'' The voice of his highness came out of nowhere. We all jumped in surprise. ''Where did you come from you 'lǎn dàn'.'' Jungeng bluntly said to the king. I stood there in shock while Li Wei scolded him for not respecting the emperor. Haoto just giggled in response.. I guess he's used to it? I sweat dropped at that. ''Fei, do you wanna train a bit with Jungeng or you wanna rest for the day?'' He politely asked me. I mean I was a bit tired from crying but training could help on clearing my head from what happened at Xahan.. ''I'll train for now.. To keep my thoughts away from that.'' I say looking at the ground, feeling the eyes of everyone on me. ''Jungeng, take her to a more secluded place for training.'' The king said facing the general. Jungeng nodded. ''Follow me kid.'' He said already walking away, knowing that I would follow him.

[no one's pov]

Grunting was coming from the training ground. Swords were swinging back and forth. ''Fei, remember what I told you about anger! You have to control yourself or you'll lose too much energy at once!'' Jungeng said while avoiding Fei's sword. As much as Fei hated to admit, she had to control herself or the combat is too helpless. She listened to him and controlled her movements more, using less of her anger. But that doesn't mean she felt any less angry..

The duel continued for a little bit longer. And of course Fei won once again. ''The people of Xahan sure are tough.'' General Jungeng said out of breath. Fei tilted her head in confusion. ''Ah right you didn't know about that.. The people of Xahan are the pure bloods of the god's, so that naturally makes them stronger, faster and have sharper sense's.'' He explained while getting up. Fei seemingly nodded in respond getting lost in her thoughts again..

𝐸𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7 :)