Prologue

Ravenflight followed the Dynasty cats to a tunnel. She was suspicious of them, though. "Johnwatcher, Lilacblaze, Midnightcall, wait here for us. I'm not sure if we should trust them."

Johnwatcher nodded solemnly. "Alright."

Ravenflight took a deep breath before stepping into the tunnel. She yowled out when she felt herself slipping and falling.

She closed her eyes and slammed into a light brown she-cat. The she-cat's green eyes blinked at her. A shocked expression appeared on her face as the other five cats tumbled out into the ravine. The light brown she-cat stared at Dawnmist before speaking.

"Are you Dawnmist?" the words rushed out of her mouth.

Dawnmist was surprised. "Yes, I am."

"Why are you here?" the she-cat demanded. "Aren't you from a different group of cats?"

"I'm from the Clans," Ravenflight mewed softly. "Raven...someone told me I should tell you that I killed Dark."

Indeed, Ravenwing had come to her dreams last night.

The light brown she-cat froze. "You killed Dark?"

"Why? Was he important to you? Because he seemed like an evil cat to me," Ebonywind sniffed.

"No. He's my life-long enemy. I'm glad he's dead." The light brown she-cat purred. "I'm Autumn."

"I'm Ravenflight," Ravenflight introduced herself. "This is Ebonywind, Dawnmist, Blackshine, Rustfern and Amberclaw. We have three other companions waiting for us at the top of the tunnel. Shall I call them down?"

"Yes, please do," Autumn dipped her head.

"Blackshine, go get them," Ravenflight ordered with a flick of her tail.

"We need to speak to your leader," Amberclaw added.

Autumn's eyes darkened. "I am."

"Very well," Ravenflight purred. "We will talk to you."

"Fawn, take Blackshine, Dawnmist, Rustfern and the other three companions to the healer's den. I can smell their wounds. Tell them about the Dynasty. I will take Ravenflight, Amberclaw and Ebonywind into my den. Deer!"

Ravenflight looked around, wondering why Autumn had suddenly shouted deer. Then, a light brown she-cat with white speckles bounded over to them, her green eyes curious. Autumn and Deer looked so similar, Ravenflight wondered if they were littermates.

"Deer, these are Clan cats," Autumn told her. Deer's eyes grew grave and she nodded curtly.

Ravenflight, Amberclaw and Ebonywind went with Autumn and Deer to a cave hollowed out of the stone walls. Moss was scattered around the floor and the den had a faint smell of fire and smoke.

"Now that we all know each other, we should talk," Autumn mewed briskly. Ravenflight wondered how old she was. The she-cat acted strong, but her face was young.

"I agree," Ebonywind dipped her head. "We've come from the Clans. One of our leaders had a vision. We were told to find the mysterious mountain cats. But we didn't know if it was the Tribe, or you."

"It is us," Autumn confirmed, Deer nodding her agreement. "I had a similar vision moons ago. It told of you and your cats coming into our camp."

"That is interesting," Amberclaw purred.

"I believe you'll like it here, for many reasons. The Dynasty is safe, and we are also welcoming. Please enjoy your stay." Autumn gestured out of the den.

Finally, they could learn why they had come here. Ravenflight felt excitement ignite in her. She would talk to Ravenwing tonight.