Chapter 11

"Help!" Silver Light was wailing. Ravenflight leapt to her paws, rushing over to the Dynasty medicine cat.

"What's wrong?" Ravenflight demanded.

"Autumn is sick," Silver Light lowered her voice. "She's going to die soon if she doesn't get better."

It was true. The light brown leader hadn't been seen for a couple days. She had always been in her den. Deer had been leading the Dynasty's battle training and hunting.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Ravenflight growled, pushing past Silver Light and marching towards Autumn's den.

"Ravenflight?" Autumn sat up upon seeing Ravenflight. Her voice was raspy, her pelt was matted and ungroomed, and her eyes were dull.

"You should've sent for me," Ravenflight sighed.

"I forgot the Clans had healers too," Autumn coughed, spitting up some blood.

Alarm flashed through Ravenflight. Autumn was really sick.

"What have you eaten?" Ravenflight questioned.

"Nothing!" Autumn spat out some more blood before speaking. "A rabbit two days ago, when Dark came to camp, and two mice yesterday. I haven't eaten today."

"A rabbit?" Ravenflight mewed sharply. "None of the hunters have hunted rabbit here in ages."

"Truth," Autumn breathed. "Dark...?"

"Dark must've brought the rabbit into the camp," Ravenflight guessed, overwhelming fury filling her.

She raced out of the den, heading in the general direction of the ravine. How dare Dark try and poison the Dynasty? Ravenflight hadn't been with the Dynasty for long, but she could tell they were good cats, even if they were a little mouse-brained at times, Autumn in particular. They didn't deserve this.

"Dark! Where are you?" Ravenflight screeched.

The black tom soon emerged from the ravine, a smile playing across his face. "You finally worked it out."

Ravenflight, enraged, leapt at him, clawing at his face and neck. Her swipes were powerful and Dark stumbled backwards, hissing in fury.

Ravenflight's adrenaline and anger kept her going, and Dark didn't even defend himself. He just smiled at her.

A little creeped out, Ravenflight bit down on his neck, ready to kill him once and for all. "You won't becoming back this time," she snarled.

"Oh really?" Dark whispered back. "Where do you think you'll go when you die? The Dark Forest or StarClan? You'll have killed a cat...but I'll just come back like before. Think this through."

Ravenflight didn't admit it, but she was afraid. She couldn't kill him again...could she?

She let him go, backing off as he got to his paws.

Ravenflight soon regretted this decision.

---

A moon had passed since she had almost killed Dark. Ravenflight had come back covered in Dark's blood but she hadn't told anyone where she had went, too proud to tell them. She went to her nest, falling into uneasy dreams.

Dark killing Autumn.

Ravenflight dying at the paws of Ruthless.

A kit, with black fur yellow eyes.

Dark killing Amberclaw.

Ebonywind leaping in front of Ravenflight to stop Dark from killing her.

Ebonywind dying.

Every cat Ravenflight had ever known dying.

Luckystar dying.

Rustfern dying.

Blackshine, Midnightcall, Johnwatcher, Lilacblaze, and Dawnmist, all dying.

"Hush," a calm voice commanded.

"Ravenwing?" Ravenflight stammered, fear making her heart race.

"You must seek the Clans!" Ravenwing hissed, his voice ghostly in her dream.

Ravenflight woke up to loud yowls. Let me dream!

But soon, Autumn came into the den, waking every cat up, saying that they were to move. Dark knew where their camp was, and it was too vulnerable. In fact, he was here right now.

Autumn was recovered now, but Ravenflight wished that she had been sick for a few minutes longer, just so that she could've talked to Ravenwing.

Then, she felt guilty for that.

They fled into the tunnel system that Ravenflight and the Clan cats had discovered what seemed like seasons ago, Dark and his rogues chasing them mercilessly. They cowered there, shivering, as they hunted for them. Like the hunter and the prey.

But finally, Ravenflight dozed.

"Ravenflight!" Ravenwing's voice was fuzzy and she strained to hear. "Seek the Clans! They will help you defeat Dark. Only with the Clans can you defeat Dark!"

Ravenflight padded over to Autumn, telling her about her dream. "Please, listen to me," Ravenflight begged.

"I will. I was wrong not to listen to you last time," Autumn sighed.

Only now, did Ravenflight realize how tired Autumn was. The young leader's eyes were dark and her ears flat.

"We'll make it through," Autumn promised, seeing Ravenflight's uneasy look.

A few minutes later, Ravenflight had prepared herself for what she was going to say, and Autumn called the cats together.

"Let all cats gather here for a meeting!" Autumn called. "Ravenflight would like to speak."

"I had another vision," Ravenflight began. "We need to find the Clans. They can help us defeat Dark. They're powerful and skilled fighters."

"I'm with you," Amberclaw volunteered immediately. "Ebonywind?"

"Fine," Ebonywind agreed.

"Us three then," Ravenflight decided. She turned to Autumn. "When should we leave?"

"Now," Autumn's voice was strong. "We will not lose! We will win!"

---

Ravenflight padded with Ebonywind and Amberclaw at her side. They left the Dynasty's territory, or rather, what had used to be their territory. She lifted her chin, the wind through her fur.

We are going to make it.

A/N I might take a break from writing for 1-2 weeks after I finish the Epilogue, since I've been busy lately :<