Chapter 1

A/N before the chapter starts, i just want to apologize for this horrible chapter xD. I just stared at the page, thinking that I needed to write it, and every hour i would type a few sentences. now, on with the story!

Ravenflight settled down in the sun, lazily licking her pelt. Deer sat next to her, talking about the Dynasty's rules. She listened with rapt attention as Deer described the dens and their past.

It was truly interesting.

"Will you and your friends be hunters or guards?" Deer asked suddenly.

"We will be both," Ravenflight answered politely.

"Dynasty cats can only be one," Deer warned, clearly amused.

"Oh well, we aren't Dynasty cats," Ravenflight retorted playfully. "We're Clan cats."

"I suppose so, then," Deer dipped her head before walking off.

Ravenflight itched for the day to end, but it was only sunhigh. She sought out Autumn and they left the camp, walking together.

"Can we talk about Dark?" Ravenflight asked cautiously.

"Yes, yes, that's fine," Autumn dipped her head. "What do you need to know?"

"Well, I killed him," Ravenflight winced. She still wasn't used to the fact that she had killed a cat. "What exactly did he do to the Dynasty?"

"He took my kit as revenge for not being allowed to stay," Autumn's expression was guarded. "And, when we allowed him to stay for a moon, he was cruel. He was not the sort of cat the Dynasty needs."

"I see," Ravenflight pondered. "Are you glad I killed him?"

"I will not be glad to see the death of any cat," Autumn replied. "Dark's death was...unexpected. I did not think he would die."

Later that day, Ravenflight, Deer, Ebonywind and Amberclaw went out hunting. Deer showed them how they blended in with the forest and stepped heavily to catch deer.

"It's a bit like hunting in the mountains," Amberclaw commented.

"Yeah, where you plastered your fur with mud," Ebonywind teased.

Amberclaw and Ebonywind ended up playfighting while Ravenflight learned more about how the Dynasty hunted. In the end, Deer and Ravenflight trapped a young doe, killing it swiftly.

Deer explained them how the guards were always on duty, watching and waiting for the hunters' signal, and she demonstrated it, tapping her paw on a rock. Immediately, some guards melted out of the trees, picking up the doe and bringing it back to the camp, Ravenflight and the others following a few pawsteps behind them.

The whole Dynasty ate the deer together, allowing the Clan cats to have the first bite. Ravenflight was touched by their generosity. They seemed like good cats.

Then finally, it was time for the cats to go to sleep. Ravenflight, Amberclaw, Ebonywind, Midnightcall and Johnwatcher went to the hunters' den, while Dawnmist, Rustfern, Blackshine and Lilacblaze headed to the guards' den. Ravenflight's anxiety kept her awake, cursing to herself into the night.

But eventually, she slept, drifting into dreams.

"Ravenflight," a friendly voice mewed, although he sounded a little uncomfortable.

Ravenflight slammed open her eyes to see Ravenwing. Breathing a sigh of relief, she touched noses with him. "It's been a while since we've talked," she purred.

"Ravenflight, do you remember the prophecy I gave you?" Ravenwing questioned her.

"Yes," Ravenflight replied hesitantly. "The locked up raven will spread its wings and bring a brighter light to the Clans."

"It hasn't been fulfilled yet," Ravenwing sighed. "That means you, Ebonywind and Amberclaw will have much trouble."

"Do you have anything else you need to tell me?" Ravenflight pressed. Ravenwing shifted from paw to paw.

"No," Ravenwing mewed a little too fast.

"Tell me!" Ravenflight demanded.

"I'll show you," Ravenwing got to his paws, licking Ravenflight's ears before he touched noses with her again.

Immediately, Ravenflight was thrown into a vision. She was in the camp of the Dynasty of Truth, purring as she chatted with Autumn. Then, the sun disappeared behind a cloud. A black tom with dark yellow eyes rushed into the camp, many rogues behind him.

It was Dark.

How could this be possible? Dark was dead. She killed him.

And she was back with Ravenwing. He was looking troubled as he ran his tail along Ravenflight's flank. "I have to go now, and you need to wake up now," Ravenwing breathed gently.

"No! Don't go!" Ravenflight knew she was behaving like a kit, but she needed to know more. "Tell me more!"

"Trust yourself," Ravenwing purred before he faded away.

Ravenflight woke up in the hunters' den, shivering, as the sun replaced the moon, and a new day began.