Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Cats of the Dynasty! Come here to hear my words!" Autumn called once they entered the Dynasty.

Ravenflight glanced behind her to see Strike. The black tom looked out of place here, his pelt so noticeable.

Autumn explained to the cats what they had been doing for the past few days. Then, she invited Strike to join the Dynasty.

"I...I-" Strike stammered. "This is an honor, Autumn. I will gladly accept."

"You will be a Dynasty cat," Autumn declared. "We honor your strength and skill and welcome you to the Dynasty. Truth! Tell me if this tom is worthy."

A bright white light flashed on him. Ravenflight and the other Clan cats gasped as they saw it.

"Good." Autumn purred. "You will become a guard."

Ravenflight stifled a smile. Of course. After all, he was an assassin.

Then, Ebonywind ran into the camp, her pelt covered in scratches and her claws red with blood. "Dark's coming!"

The Dynasty panicked immediately. They had been training to fight, but that wasn't enough. They were going to be slaughtered, and every cat knew it.

Dark, Ruthless and Blue marched into the Dynasty. Ravenflight was expecting more, though.

"I come in peace," Dark's yellow eyes swept them.

"Yeah right!" Amberclaw growled, taking a step forwards.

"He really does," Ruthless sneered. "As much as I dislike it."

Blue dipped her head. "We want to talk to Autumn, Deer, Night Sky, Ravenflight, Ebonywind and Amberclaw."

Ravenflight curled her lip. "Why should we listen to you? You drove the Dynasty out of their home."

"That's true," Dark admitted. "But I need to talk."

"I'll listen to him," Autumn decided. "But not every cat will. Ravenflight and Ebonywind, you come with me."

"What about me?" Amberclaw protested.

"You'll fire up at him. If he's coming in peace, we must not attack," Autumn mewed sternly. "Blue and Ruthless, you can wait outside."

Ravenflight padded after Autumn, Ebonywind and Dark. They went to a small blue building and sat down on the cold floor. Twolegs. I hate them.

"I have a proposition for you," Dark mewed smoothly.

"We don't want to hear it," Ravenflight growled.

"Oh, come off it, give him a chance," Ebonywind flicked her tail lazily, staring at Dark.

"Fine. We will listen," Autumn ceded.

"You and the cats of the Dynasty join me," Dark hissed, his voice low. "And the nine Clan cats. And I'll leave you alone forever."

"Never," Autumn flashed immediately.

Ebonywind glanced at Dark reproachfully. "No thanks, sorry."

"Why would we?" Ravenflight growled.

"Very well. We will leave, then." Dark dipped his head, calling for Ruthless and Blue.

Ruthless and Blue, who had been musing around the prey pile, bounded over to him, spitting in fury once they realized that their offer had been declined. They left the camp.

"He knows where our camp is," Ravenflight fretted.

"We will be strong!" Autumn called. "We will stay. And if he returns, we will fight!"

"Let's share some fresh-kill for victory!" Oak suggested.

"Very well," Autumn agreed. "Every cat, gather here! Share a piece of prey with a friend. For victory!"

Autumn stepped forwards, taking a plump rabbit off the pile. "Black Sky, will you share with me?"

"I will," Autumn's mate purred back.

"Ravenflight, share with me?" Amberclaw questioned, purposefully not looking at Ebonywind.

"I thought you two resolved your fight!" Ravenflight sighed, exasperated.

Ebonywind looked hurt and turned to Dawnmist.

"Guess not," Amberclaw shrugged. "It's not a big deal."

"We're littermates! We're supposed to be close!" Ravenflight argued.

"Ebonywind has left us forever," Amberclaw hissed. "She snuck out last night again. I saw her leave. And she left with that tom, Oak. I fear that she's becoming a bit too close to him."

"That's possible," Ravenflight flicked her tail. "But it doesn't mean its true."

But as they watched, Ebonywind left Dawnmist and sat down next to Oak. They put their heads together and began whispering to each other.

"You were saying?" Amberclaw snorted.

Then, Ebonywind and Oak left the camp. Ravenflight felt misery and betrayal wash over her. She had been standing up for Ebonywind all this time, but really, Amberclaw had been right.

sorry for the short chapter! but dont worry, there are at least 2 important events that happen in this chapter, with a few minor details that will become clearer soon!