1

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Fame, power, and money are the three pillars of life in the society I lived in. The ideals that I found appalling but could never escape from. In fact, for most of my earlier life, I was forced to participate in a never-ending race for these three. Coming from a political family that accepts only law or medicine as a career option, I spent my teenage buried inside the books or taking extra classes to boost my academic profile. 

The limited amount of friends I had was cherry-picked by my parents to make sure I only associate with a crowd of my status and having fun meant attending fancy dinner parties wearing a tux. So a year ago if  I was told that in college instead of working for extra credits I would attend fratboy's parties, dance, and drink until dawn, I would laugh in disbelief. After all, it was unthinkable for a person like me to divulge in such debris straying away from the goals set by my parents. 

However, being away from home had its own perks. There was no one around to pressure me to match the unrealistic standards set by society, my body felt lighter without the shackles of my family's ideals.

Holding the red plastic cup filled with a concoction of liquors, I jumped like a madman celebrating my newfound freedom of being a college student with my friends. With no care, I marched on the path I was always warned by my parents to elude. The music blasting through the speakers made every inch of my body vibrate along with its beat. The lack of proper air circulation and jam-packed crowd drenched me in sweat but it didn't stop me from moving like I owned the dance floor.

Seokjin emerged from the crowd and handed the dark red drinks "This is the best drink you will ever have" Not bothering to inquire what the content of the cup was, Jimin and I gulped down as if it was plain water.

"Fuck that was great" I exclaimed smacking my lips and relishing the strawberry flavor that lingered on my tongue.

"I know right" Jimin agreed and broke into fits of a giggle as the buzz hiked up. With goody smiles plastered on our faces, we resumed dancing placing our arms over each other's shoulders. The entire room was floating around like a boat and on top of that, we were going around in circles cheering like hooligans.  The three things I was supposed to exhaust my life for were replaced by booze, music, and dance as without a care in the world, we got wasted spinning as a mary go round.

The moment we stopped my unstable legs tumbled backward stepping on someone's feet. 

"Ouch" my ears perked at a soft voice and my eyes fell on the tiny girl.

"I am so sorry" I hurriedly lifted the sole of my shoe and when our eyes connected, I could swear the universe stopped in its axis.

Her onyx eyes captivated my heart in one swift motion and I could barely utter any sound from my vocal cord because she was simply so breathtaking. Her skin was glistening with sweat making it deliciously shine. Though her makeup was slightly smudged, she was undeniably the hottest specimen ever to exist especially when she was rocking a black bra under a seethrough camisole. The back high-waist skirt complimented her ash-brown hair quite well.

"It's ok" the voice that tumbled out from her pink plump lips soared like a sweet melody. Unconsciously, I leaned forward getting drawn toward her like she was the center of gravity. 

"Damn, did you step out of my fantasy?" I breathed out ogling her face shamelessly. I even pinched my cheeks to ensure I wasn't hallucinating the divinity.

At our proximity, her cheeks flushed but before my over-confident-drunk self could even make another move, I was hauled back. Jimin snapped me out of the trance her irresistible eyes had put me on.

"What the fuck were you doing Tae? Don't you know who she is?" Jimin half whispered half screamed at me. My eyes were fixated on her figure which was walking away like a daydream, igniting a deep yearning that I couldn't yet grasp.  I noticed how the crowd moved to make a way for her to pass without any hassle as if she was a VIP. 

"That's her!" the words that fell out of Jimin cursed all the hope within me to even approach her shadow. 

As if she could feel my eyes burning in her back, she turned around to meet my eyes again

"That JK's girl" and then she smiled giving me the taste of my first heartbreak

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺