6

The connection train was canceled due to a storm and we were deserted in an empty station of a town on the outskirt in the middle of the night. Normally I wouldn't feel happy to face such situations but right now I was thrilled and thanked my luck for providing me with such a golden opportunity to get closer to the girl of my dreams.

"Fuck this is bad, the Internet is not working" Ara was pacing to and fro trying to get a signal while I pretended to be tense when in reality I was giddy and grateful for divine intervention.

"We should find a place to rest for the night before the rain starts" I suggested and her entire body deflated in defeat. She was contemplating and fidgeting her finger making me wonder if she was uncomfortable spending the night in my presence.

My heart constricted but I consoled myself by reminding myself that she had every right to be wary of me. She didn't really know me in person and just being aware of each other existence wasn't enough to fully trust one another

"You are probably right, the storm might further delay our journey. It's better we find a place to stay for the night" We gathered our bags and headed out of the station looking for accommodation.

The wind was strong and we barely had our eyes open as we marched in search of shelter. A sudden rumble of thunder shook my core and she scooted closer to my body. I instinctively circled my arms around her afraid that the gale would blow her away from me.

"It's a small town, What if they accept only cash, I don't have much" She threw me a nervous smile and I conceded her reluctance wasn't because she doubted me but because of her financial situation and my heart did another round of somersaults.

"Don't worry I will take care of it. You can transfer me later" I gave her a reassuring smile and her body relaxed.

After walking for ten more minutes, we spotted a motel with a glowing neon pink sign and we rushed inside since the wind was getting harsher. The moment we entered the rain poured like cats and dogs and we took a moment to catch our breath to avoid getting drenched.

"That was close" she whispered and I nodded my head agreeing.

The reception was eerily dim and with every step, the wooden floor underneath our feet squeaked. I pressed the bell on the counter before the shelf with keys hanging and as we waited for the person in charge, I wandered my eyes around the place. It wasn't fancy like the hotels I was used to but it was decent enough with light brown walls, paintings of flowers hanging, and some plants near a vending machine in the corner. Tons of brochures and magazines were stacked on the counter when my eyes landed on the information on a hiking trail through a forest that ended in a waterfall.

"Though the town is small, there are lots of places to roam here" She took one of the flyers that had mentioned a lake with archaeological history.

"It says Dionasure fossils were found here" She exclaimed with a slight jump and watching her happy face, my heart warmed up.

"The waterfall in the picture looks beautiful, I always wanted to see one" She pointed to the brochure my eyes first landed and I nodded my head mirroring her expression.

"It is indeed very beautiful but the journey to reach there is quite tough. It takes three hours of hiking up to reach there then four more hours to climb down. So it is only for intermediate hikers" the voice startled us as the receptionist made his appearance from the dark passage to our right.

"Sounds interesting" I gave him a small smile.

The man switched the light on illuminating the entire space then getting behind the counter he threw us a welcoming smile showcasing his dimples.

"Hello Welcome to Hope Inn, How may I help you?" The guy appeared to be in his late twenties and had a friendly face and gentle eyes. With a strong jawline and a perfect nose, he was no doubt attractive.

"We need to stay for the night?" I requested.

Ara was occupied going through the list of places to visit in the flyer and I sneakily gestured to him 'One' and begged him with my eyes. Fortunately, the guy was quick to grasp the situation.

"Unfortunately we only have one room left but, it's a big room with a queen-size bed in the terrace" Ara's head snapped up at his words, and her eyes enlarged in a slight panic.

"No room with a double bed," she asked nibbling her lips.

"Due to the storm lots of trains got canceled and since it's the motel nearest to the station..." he didn't need to explain further and she nodded her head taking the keys he handed over.

"Why don't you go to the room first and make yourself comfortable, I will handle registration and payment" I suggested caressing her lower back with encouragement.

"Take right, there is a stair that will take you to the second floor then go left. The last room 07 is yours" he informed and Ara thanked us, trotting away carrying her bag.

"You are a lucky man" The moment she disappeared from our view the guy mentioned, causing me to furrow my brows.

"She is very beautiful" He complimented and though I didn't like that he was checking her out, I murmured a small thank you and paid him extra for helping me out.

Pulling my bag over my shoulder, I made my way to the room. She had left the door slightly open for me to enter. My heart thumped in anticipation and excitement. I knew it was highly unlikely something to happen between us but still, the possibility had my stomach churning with butterflies.

My eyes landed on the bed, and all the fluffy emotions I was feeling were amplified. Tonight I will be sharing a bed with Ara. The same Ara I almost got a tattoo of on my 21st birthday. The girl my heart and mind could never let go of, causing all of my relationships to fail miserably. I was still in disbelief that it was happening and it wasn't my dream.

The strike of thunder caused me to snap out of my fantasy and I entered the room to find the curtains flying free since the glass door to the terrace was open. Her bag was neatly placed on the table and she standing in the rain with her arms wrapped around her.

With every touch of rain, I feel like he is with me, her voice echoed in my head causing my chest to feel stuffy.

Isn't a year long enough for someone to move on? Especially if the person was a terrible person in general.

Jungkook maybe was a good boyfriend but calling him a decent guy would be a lie and the way he died was proof of it. Actually, he could be called the worst of his kind so why was she still so hung up with him?

I took small steps toward her and when the curtains fell back obstructing the view and I froze in my tracks.

Because though Ara was standing alone, I saw two silhouettes through the blinds.

One of Ara's while the other of a man hugging her from behind.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺