10

Guys comment and vote your reaction in every chapter. Trust me that's the fastest way to get more chapters.

PS: I am a stress writer: which means I write and post when I am under stress haha

*****

I blinked my eyes once and then twice and again and again as if attempting to reset reality but he was still there, an imposing figure just behind her.  His gaze, a lance that seemed to penetrate the very core of my being, bore into the depths of my soul, unearthing my deepest fear. I lost my footing, gliding downwards, my face connecting with the earth's surface.  Amidst the sudden commotion, I heard the water splashing as if someone had taken a dive into it.

I forced myself up when I realized both Ara and Jungkook were nowhere to be seen. I sprinted towards the lake, pushing aside the branches that obstructed my path.

"ARA"

I cried out her name and leaped into the lake without hesitation. However, she was nowhere to be found. As I swam around, I inhaled deeply and plunged beneath the water's surface. That's when I spotted him directly ahead. My scream was silenced by the water, and suddenly, I found myself unable to continue swimming. It was as if my ability to control my limbs had abandoned me completely. I began to drown, his form fixated on me from above.

"TAEHYUNG," her voice echoed through the water, muffled yet urgent. Suddenly, a hand gripped me and pulled me up to the surface.

"He's here, he's here," I kept repeating, the words spilling from my lips. Before I knew it, I was on the shore, the events unfolding so quickly.

"Taehyung," she shook me, forcing me to meet her gaze head-on.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she breathed heavily, her hands cupping my face. Worry and bewilderment played across her features as she shook me once more as if trying to snap me out of a trance.

"Pull yourself together, What were you thinking?" She rubbed my icy-cold hands, tears almost falling down her eyes.

"I saw him, Ara. He's here with you. He's always been here," I babbled, words tumbling out in a rush.

I clutched her arms tightly and with haste, I carried my words forward. "He won't allow anyone to get close to you. He'll kill them," I said, my grip unintentionally causing her discomfort.

"Jeon Jungkook is here." I repeated, my entire body shaking like a leaf.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Her expression twisted in pain as she winced from the pressure of my grasp. She harshly pulled my hands off her and stood up abruptly, striding away.

I quickly got to my feet and caught up with her. "Ara, please listen to me," I implored, gripping her hand, but she jerked away forcefully.

"ARE YOU EVEN HEARING YOURSELF?" The anger that flared in her eyes was enough to make me recoil.

"Am I some kind of joke to you?" When I wasn't able to produce any sound, tears began streaming down her eyes and she turned away and resumed her track.

"I saw him with my own eyes" I persisted. She came to a sudden halt.

"I saw him yesterday and I saw him just a while ago in that lake" She turned toward me, her expression a heart-wrenching sight. The anguish my words had stirred within her was unmistakable—her entire body quivered, and her fingers clenched until her knuckles turned stark white.

Fury blazed in her eyes as she hissed the words, "Don't ever show me your face again," her teeth clenched so tightly it seemed they might shatter.

Her words triggered a surge of rage that coursed through me, setting my emotions ablaze.  It's as if a storm cloud gathers over my thoughts, casting shadows over rationality. My muscles were tense, ready to react, and my breath became shallow as if struggling to contain the rising tempest within me. My anger wasn't because she didnt believe my words but the fact she shed those tears for a vile brat like him who never deserved her. Frustration gnawed at me, and within that turmoil, I stomped after her, my determination unwavering as I roughly jerked her back to face me.

"Why the hell are you still shedding tears for that psychotic mass murderer? In life, he brought nothing but suffering to others, and even in death, he's wrecking the lives of innocent people."

The resounding impact of a slap echoed through the surroundings, and a searing pain surged across my cheeks. She recoiled, her hand covering her mouth in shock at her own action, then crumbled onto the dirt, unleashing a wail that pierced the air like never before. Clutching at her chest, she shattered in a way I had never witnessed someone break down.

She gripped her hair, shaking her head in a desperate attempt to deny the harsh reality that surrounded her. I stood there, an impassive observer of her tears. I felt a strange numbness, a detachment that rendered me incapable of mustering any pity for the girl before me.

"It was because of me," she managed to speak through her sobs, the words escaping like a fragile confession.

"He killed them because of me, he died because of me"

She slowly rose her head to look directly into my eyes as she uttered the words that blew my world.

"I was raped"