5

30 feedback to unlock next chapter ༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

I was no longer stationed opposite her as in the middle of our conversation she changed her position by my side allowing me to enjoy her company in close proximity. With her white converse discarded and legs folded up, Ara was completely deluged in our talk while I was immersed in her, memorizing her expressions and the way her voice would flow to suit her narration.

The station I needed to get off at had long elapsed and though I had no clue where she was heading I silently decided to accompany her as long as possible after all, it could be the last time the luck had shined upon me to make this encounter happen.

Learning more about her quickly became my hobby and helping her to rediscover herself became my newfound ambition. The mental image I had of the mystic beauty was attuning to reflect her true personality which was far from the quiet and reserved person she was previously known to be. I pitted my past self for being a coward for no reason. The person everyone presumed to be hard to approach was not only friendly but humorous to the point that I was clutching my stomach and laughing till tears brimmed my orbs listening to her stories.

"Damn, did you step out of my fantasy?" She tried to mimic my baritone voice while I glanced at her sheepishly realizing she remembered our first interaction.

"It was so funny, I nearly wheezed there and then, No one...Trust me no one had ever tried to flirt with me" I had to hold my urge to roll my eyes perceiving the culprit behind the lack of suitors expressing their desires. It was obviously her then-boyfriend who was buffed as a bull, covered in tattoos, and radiated animosity. The guy was so vicious that no one ever mustered up the courage to look in her direction.

The image of Jungkook slamming a guy's head on the wall for trying to get Ara's number was engraved in my mind. With a smile etched on his lips Jungkook watched the blood trickling down his victim's chin and even when police officers dragged him away, the smirk and the satisfaction twinkling in his eyes never faded away.

Jeon Jungkook was simply crazy. Not scared of anything including law enforcers which made his name synonymous to dread for all the men in the college. Everyone knew JK wouldn't blink before ending someone's life for her and later even got to witness the extent he would go for the woman he claimed as his.

"I will take that as a compliment since you noticed me" Resting my chin against my palm I spoke while my eyes stayed fixated on her admirable face. The way her nose scrunched at my words caused my heart to flip. Gosh, she was gorgeous. The most beautiful creation of the god, she was divinity itself.

"It's hard not to notice you." She admitted, gaining my utmost attention.

"I knew about you way before that party, Diamond sparkles more among stones you know" her bold word made my eyes enlarge and my heart pumped up blood at an insane speed.

"Really" I nearly gasped as my body leaned towards her unconsciously.

"Actually it would be a lie to say I spotted you" she bit her lips giving me a shy smile making me wonder what that meant.

"Guk saw you first, he pointed you out to me claiming that you were a diamond among the rocks" 

The impact of her words left me in a state of disbelief. Gradually, a shiver ran down my spine as I came to the realization that I wasn't as unnoticed by Jk as I had believed.

He knew about me! Did he also know about my feelings for his girlfriend?

Suddenly the image of the guy whose head Jungkook rammed into the wall was replaced by mine and I shivered, recognizing it could have been me.

My eyes would always follow her around the campus so I was baffled to learn that JK was observing my steps from the shadow but then why didn't he threaten me? I should have gotten at least one warning from him given that Jimin had received one too while trying to get her number. Did JK actually let my feelings for his then-girlfriend slide? Was that even possible?

"I have to get off at the next station" Her voice broke me out of my trance but my dry vocal code was unable to reply to her. Panic ensued within me trying to come up with an excuse to tag along with her on her journey.

Would she find it creepy if I asked to be her companion?

I did share with her about my family and how I wanted to avoid meeting them because of their reprimand. Was that enough to convey my wish to accompany her?

My brain went overdrive and in the end, letting her go seemed like a reasonable choice, after all, she was on the path of self-discovery. Perhaps I could take her number and we could stay in touch. Maybe I could be the person to fill the void in her life that Jungkook left. Once again greed took over me and my desire to attain her grew like a blazing fire.

"Can I join you for the rest of the trip?"

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

When I say feed back you don't necessarily have to write paragraphs, just a heart would be enough to let me know you are enjoying the story.