Friendly Competition

Sasuke was finally settling back into the village life after being gone for all those years. He had just returned from his journey together with Sakura, bringing with them the newest addition to their tiny Uchiha Clan; their daughter Sarada.

Sarada was only a few months old but the two were adjusting to being parents well. Sasuke currently had her laid against his back with the help of a sling. This was the easiest way he could carry her since he only had one arm.

He had gone off to gather some other items from their list while Sakura finished up with the vegetable vendor. She was about to go find Sasuke when a familiar voice caught her attention.

"Sakura?!" the blond kunoichi called out to her friend, Sai in tow. "I had no idea you were back!"

Sakura smiled apologetically, "Sorry Ino, no one really knew we were coming back except Kakashi-Sensei and Naruto. We wanted to get settled in first."

"Wait, you said 'we'. So he did come back?"

Sakura raised an eye brow at her friend as if to question why she was so surprised by that. Sure he was a rogue ninja before but did she expect that she would return without him after traveling together for so many years?

"Oh Sakura" Ino started, "even though you traveled together for so many years it feels like you should've gotten married or something by now" she said with mock sympathy. "I don't mean to brag but" and she held out her left hand to display a ring" I'm getting married!"

Ino looked at her friend with fire blazing in her eyes. She was still so competitive, always trying to one up Sakura. Their rivalry started at a young age, ironically enough, over their feelings for Sasuke. Although it has died down since they've gotten older they still like to prod at one another once in awhile. It was more friendly than anything.

Ino thought she had the upper hand until Sasuke appeared around the corner.

"There you are Sasuke!" Sakura called to him excitedly and she waved him over. She couldn't wait to wipe that smug look off Ino's face. While she didn't have a ring, her and Sasuke had indeed married while on the road.

Once Sasuke reached her she walked around behind him and gently removed Sarada from the sling. When she reappeared in front of Ino she was met with a slack jaw and eyes wide with shock.

"Is that?" Ino started.

"Ino, Sai. This is our daughter Sarada. Whom we had after we got married." Sakura was beaming. Sasuke was idly standing by, just waiting for the usual theatrics to finish up so they could go home.

Ino's shock quickly turned to love and their rivalry pushed to the side, "She's so beautiful! What's her name?" She had hearts in her eyes as she swooned over the baby in Sakura's arms. She had held out a finger and thumb to gently hold Sarada's hand.

"Her name is Sarada" Sasuke chimed in.

"You definitely took after your father's looks lucky for you" she said to her.

Sasuke furrowed his brow and was about to say something when Ino held her hand up, "Oh relax I'm just kidding. Sheesh you're so protective."

The Uchiha's bid their goodbyes and began the trek back to their apartment.

"Even after all these years, the first thing you guys do is try to one up each other" Sasuke said flatly.