A Rare Sight

Sasuke Uchiha had never been the social type, or the drinking type for that matter, but he still managed to get himself into this predicament.

The group, consisting of Sasuke, Naruto, Shikamaru, Choji, Sai, and Kiba, made their way to one of the local taverns for a "guys night out". They had all shown up at Sasuke's doorstep unannounced and he, surprisingly, agreed to come out.

It was packed, people were crowding around the limited tables and standing around the bar. Being the Hokage had its perks though because as soon as people spotted Naruto a table was immediately offered up to them.

"Drinks on me tonight guys!" Naruto announced to the table which resulted in clapping and cheering from everyone except the quiet duo, Sai and Sasuke.

'Why did I agree to this?' Sasuke asked himself. Adjusting to fatherhood has been more difficult than he ever imagined. He was having a hard time bonding with his daughter and thought this could help him relax. He was beginning to think he was wrong.

Naruto waved a waitress over and politely asked for sake shots for each of them. On a second thought, "Make that two please!" he called after her as she walked from the table, cupping his mouth with one hand and holding up two fingers with the other.

"You can't be serious. Two right off the bat?" Sasuke asked him.

"Hey, we don't get to do this often. I'm just trying to make the most of it, you know?"

Sasuke knew this night was not going to end well.

• • • • •

"So you managed to get him to drink after all?" Sakura teased as she watched Sasuke from across the room. He was leaned over the table, cheek propped up on his hand.

"Yeah, well it didn't take all that much honestly" Shikamaru said with an apologetic smile. When the guys realized how far gone Sasuke actually was, Shikamaru volunteered to go get the re-enforcements, meaning Sakura. Sarada was asleep so Sasuke would luckily be spared the embarrassment of his daughter seeing him like this.

She walked over and stood beside where he was seated and placed a gentle hand on his back. "You ready to get out of here?" she asked, bending to speak near his ear so he could hear her over the noise of everyone around them.

Sasuke leaned back and gently pushed her away, not even looking at her, "D-don't. My wife won't like it if you're touching me" he slurred out before leaning back onto his hand, "Ssssshe's really strong."

Sakura blushed and suppressed a giggle. "Sasuke, I am your wife."

He looks up and cracks a slight smile when he realizes it is Sakura, his eyes half hooded, "Yeah you are" he says before leaning into her side, wrapping his arm around her hips.

"Come on, let's get you home" Sakura told him as she helped lift him from his chair. She quickly found out that his legs weren't working as he stumbled upon standing. Had she not been next to him he would've been on the ground.

'He's going to hate me for this.'

She swiftly, and easily, slung Sasuke over her shoulder. The people who noticed them as she walked out all had amused looks on their faces but didn't say a word.

She wasn't sure if it was the drinks or not but Sasuke began to apologize profusely as she walked back to their home.

"I'm sorry I drank."

"It's alright Sasuke."

"I'm ssssorry I'm a messsss and can't walk" he slurred out.

"You're fine."

"I'm sorry I'm heavy."

"I get it Sasuke" she answered, getting more annoyed by each apology.

"I'm sorry I'm a bad father."

"You're a great father, now just stop talking Sasuke." She cut him off because he was going to go down a rabbit hole with these apologies.

Sakura managed to get him up to their room and let him flop onto his back on the bed. It wasn't long before he completely passed out.

• • • • •

As Sarada was eating her breakfast Sasuke shuffled his way into the dining room. Sakura noticed him from the kitchen and began preparing him a cup of hot tea.

He sat heavily across from his daughter, his hair a disheveled mess. He rested his elbow on the table and used his hand to prop up his head as well as use it as a visor from the bright overhead light.

Sarada was highly amused because she knew exactly what was wrong with him. It was a rare sight for her to see her father like this and she was thoroughly enjoying it.

Sasuke only looked up when he heard the cup of tea sat in front of him by his wife. "Thank you" he croaked out before taking a long sip. After he sat his cup back into the table Sarada announced her leave.

She had taken her dishes into the kitchen where her mother was, thanked her for breakfast and told her goodbye.

She reappeared in the dining room a moment later. There was a moment of hesitation but Sarada hugged Sasuke from the side, arms wrapped around his neck as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I think you're the best Papa around" she whispered before running out the door.

Sasuke couldn't help but crack a small smile. If he had just talked to her he wouldn't have been worried this whole time. Plus he could've avoided the disaster of last night.

'I'm never drinking again' he told himself as she continued to sip his tea.