Doubt

"So you're really doing it huh?" Ino asked as she leaned in the doorway of her best friend's room. She watched as Sakura paced around and packed the essentials for the journey she has waited to go on for so long.

"Yeah" she responded despondently. Ino saw the faint smile on her face but the false happiness didn't reach her voice. There was something on her mind. Normally she would be bouncing off the walls with excitement.

"What's wrong Sakura? You've been dreaming of this practically your entire life. You're acting like you don't want to go."

Her shoulders dropped under the weight of her anxieties. She couldn't meet Ino's eyes, instead she fidgeted with the pack lying on the edge of her bed.

"What if he changes his mind?" Sakura asked softly.

"What are you talking about Billboard Brow?" Ino asked, trying to lighten the mood by calling her by her childhood nickname.

"What if I go with him then he realizes that he regrets letting me come? What if he sends me back to the village alone and I never see him again?" Sakura spilled out.

"Sakura why do you think he agreed to let you go?"

The pinkette shrugged her shoulders which made Ino roll her eyes. She let out a frustrated groan.

"Listen Sakura. He's letting you go on this journey with him because he wants you to. Can't you see that?"

"It's hard to wrap my head around it, you know? I've loved Sasuke for as long as I can remember but those feelings have always gone unreciprocated and not acknowledged."

"He does love you Sakura." She met Ino's eyes, she was shocked she had said something like that.

"How can you know Ino? You know how he is."

Ino sucked in a deep breath, preparing for the long winded speech she's about to give, "I've known longer than he has I think. I began to notice it in the small things. Anytime I or anyone else touched him he would get annoyed and shrug us off but with you, he didn't mind. He sought your touch for comfort. In the Forest of Death he protected you, he was going to kill for you and you were the only person who quelled his rage."

Sakura faintly smiled at the memories. The Forest of Death was one of the hardest things she had to go through but those moments with Sasuke were some she treasured.

"Thanks Ino" she said as she hugged her lifelong friend. "I feel better now."

"Come on, let's get you to the gate." She gave her one more tight squeeze before holding her back at arms length. "I'm really happy for you, I want you to know that."

As the friends got closer to the gate they saw the black haired boy standing there, waiting patiently. Ino noticed how Sakura's pace quickened the closer they got and how the corner of his mouth tugged upwards slightly.

While Sakura was the one who spoke openly of her feelings, Sasuke was more quiet and reserved but he showed his love through his actions.

He met Sakura as she crossed through the threshold of the gate, "You ready?"

"More than ever!" she replied excitedly. She gave her best friend one last hug before departing on her journey with the love of her life.